baumer

Weekend Estimates

100m could still be possible with the holidays coming up (it needs Tangled's legs from here on out), but theaters might be less inclined to keep playing it than they were with Tangled or Enchanted. If it does well overseas, a sequel could still happen, as long as it's not any more expensive than this one (45m). Given the terrible market for family movies this year, things could be worse. Happy Feet Two won't reach 80m, meaning it will sell ~25% of the original's admissions. Arthur Christmas will finish in the typical Aardman region (55m-65m), not good considering it cost 100m and it's not doing that well overseas. Hugo might have nice expansions and allocates, but at the end of the day they're not getting that 170m investment back.

Yea, cause the Muppets is such exquisite, perfect cinema with the grace of a butterfly and the importance of political drama.So many film snobs here. The Muppets is about talking puppets, BD is about vampire romance. Give me a break.

Yea, cause the Muppets is such exquisite, perfect cinema with the grace of a butterfly and the importance of political drama.So many film snobs here. The Muppets is about talking puppets, BD is about vampire romance. Give me a break.

B, no offense but sometimes you can be impartial and then there are these mini lashouts... and even saying this makes you a pretty big snob as well Edited by GiantCALBears

I'll take talking puppets over vampire romance any day of the week.

B, no offense but sometimes you can be impartial and then there are these mini lashouts... and even saying this makes you a pretty big snob as well

Everything is a matter of taste, but come on. Telling people that The Muppets is Laurence Olivia delivering a sonnet is such a loaqd of crap. It's a kids movie with puppets. You can like it more than Twilight fine, but it is not refined cinema.

a snob as in he views the Twilight movies to a high standard whereas that's not a consensus opinion and has his own personal biases relating to people/posts about it

But that`s not snobism. That`s fanboyism. Snobism is actually turning up your nose to anything mainstream and popular with masses. Snobs are the arthouse loonies and supporters of mass-rejected movies that they thought should be huge hits. Like Drive. They are this year`s uber-snobs.

But that`s not snobism. That`s fanboyism. Snobism is actually turning up your nose to anything mainstream and popular with masses. Snobs are the arthouse loonies and supporters of mass-rejected movies that they thought should be huge hits. Like Drive. They are this year`s uber-snobs.

ok semantics you are right, its fanboyism but using snob in terms of movie bias on certain films isn't a stretch

I'm pretty surprised that BD1 is proving to be leggier than New Moon...

NM was an unspeakable bore and it was over 2 hours that felt like over 2 weeks at the cinema watching paint dry until Volterra events finally shook you up from coma. BD is under 2 hours and can`t possibly be that comatose.

I always thought the best definition came from Google :P - A person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people. That's not really what you're discribing, you can be a snob and love Twilight. Edited by CoolioD1

I always thought the best definition came from Google :P - A person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people. That's not really what you're discribing, you can be a snob and love Twilight.

That defines this place to perfection.

Is it a movie about talking puppets? At its surface, sure, but it's also funnier than most films on the market, and it never has to resort to R-rated raunchiness, a common strategy in Hollywood today. You can tell that the filmmakers, especially Jason Segel, were dedicated to this film, and on the screen, it shows. It's, overall, an incredible joy to watch, and I strongly doubt that people know what they're missing out on. They're just passing it off as, "Ew. A talking puppet movie." Again, it is indeed a talking puppet movie, but it's a fantastic one.Besides, baumer, the movie you loved broke out, and The Muppets didn't. Cut the Muppet fans some slack. :P

Is it a movie about talking puppets? At its surface, sure, but it's also funnier than most films on the market, and it never has to resort to R-rated raunchiness, a common strategy in Hollywood today. You can tell that the filmmakers, especially Jason Segel, were dedicated to this film, and on the screen, it shows. It's, overall, an incredible joy to watch, and I strongly doubt that people know what they're missing out on. They're just passing it off as, "Ew. A talking puppet movie." Again, it is indeed a talking puppet movie, but it's a fantastic one.Besides, baumer, the movie you loved broke out, and The Muppets didn't. Cut the Muppet fans some slack. :P

It's not Muppets fans buddy. It's the people in here that make assinine comments stating that America has gone to the gutter because The Muppets is failing and Breaking Dawn isn't. I'm just saying that it doesn't make you an intellect or better than someoe who liked Breaking Dawn because you happen to like the Muppets.

Do we HAVE to go into another snob debate? It's practically become a cliché with this community, a very tired one IMO.OTOH, ouch for the Muppets and impressive for BD1.

Edited by C00k13