baumer

Weekend Estimates

Sunday drop may become better, but Sunday number in itself could drop if Saturday number drops. Either way we will know tomorrow. Too much time shouldn't be spend over $0.1M. :)

True but I want it gain as much on New Moon as possible. Edited by druv10

It's just frustrating that a seemingly good film like the Muppets is being left behind. That's where my frustration comes in. Because after years of giving us films that pissed on Jim Henson, finally one comes along and honors him and his genius the right way. And I wouldn't mind the Twilight films so much if they were oh what's the word I'm looking for, oh yeah good. And I'm not some snob either. I love the Transformers films. Heck I love just about every Michael Bay film I like most of Adam Sandler's films. Heck I even came around on Green Lantern.

Another quiet weekend. BD1 held better than expected, The Muppets held worse and everything else seems close to expectations. For me there is one bright spot, I'm still watching The Help vs. Bridesmaids neck and neck battle that I've been watching since TH opened with nearly identical numbers and it now appears all but certain TH will edge past BM sometime next weekend. TH did an estimated $165,000 this weekend which puts it less than $107,000 behind BM.

Current totals:

BM- $169,106,725

TH- $169,000,000

They are both in my top 5 for 2011 but I've really been pulling for TH as I'm a big Emma Stone fan.

It's just frustrating that a seemingly good film like the Muppets is being left behind. That's where my frustration comes in. Because after years of giving us films that pissed on Jim Henson, finally one comes along and honors him and his genius the right way. And I wouldn't mind the Twilight films so much if they were oh what's the word I'm looking for, oh yeah good. And I'm not some snob either. I love the Transformers films. Heck I love just about every Michael Bay film I like most of Adam Sandler's films. Heck I even came around on Green Lantern.

Now wait a minute Twilight BD1 is better than the turd Green Lantern. I agree Muppets should be having better drops but it could be just a down year for kids movies period. Now if Alvin makes substancially less than the last one than for sure its not the movies but the market.
  • Like 1

No it's not.

What is this based on? Your opinion or something else. Fact is BD1 satisfied its fanbase while GL did not. Green Lantern is much more known than THOR,CA, and IM yet it made substancially less than them.
  • Like 1

Wait wait wait how'd Hugo end up costing around $150M?? That's ridiculous; and un-Scorcese like he usually never gets that out of proportion with his budgets...

Try 170 Mill

Now wait a minute Twilight BD1 is better than the turd Green Lantern. I agree Muppets should be having better drops but it could be just a down year for kids movies period. Now if Alvin makes substancially less than the last one than for sure its not the movies but the market.

Thats always a personal opininon BD1 VS GL...

What is this based on? Your opinion or something else. Fact is BD1 satisfied its fanbase while GL did not. Green Lantern is much more known than THOR,CA, and IM yet it made substancially less than them.

Twilight fans have very low expectations... they will eat any crap given to them.

Twilight fans have very low expectations... they will eat any crap given to them.

Or, and I know this is a shock to you, we just want what's in the book. That is hardly any crap given to us. I want a movie that is close to what the book says and the films deliver that.

No.. Just no.. THOR, CA, and IM have been around as long as GREEN LANTERN have, but moviegoers simply prefer MARVEL'S Characters over DC in this case..

Fact is GL had similar OW to Thor, CA but made substancially less than them. Meaning people gave it go but movie was crap and results show it. I do prefer Marvel over DC but facts are the facts.

Thats always a personal opininon BD1 VS GL...

Pecisely so claiming your opinion as fact is ridiculous.

This is one reason why I am rooting for BD1 against DH1. Potter fans with almighty atititudes even though none of their movies are classic. :rolleyes:

Or, and I know this is a shock to you, we just want what's in the book. That is hardly any crap given to us. I want a movie that is close to what the book says and the films deliver that.

But the Breaking Dawn book is crap from what I have heard, and that too from the fans themselves.