Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well hate Bay and these movies or not, guess you gotta give him some credit for sticking with his franchise so long. Is there any other director that has done 5? All I can think of is Lucas and Spielberg with 4 for SW and Indy respectively. 

Give him credit for being greedy?

He's not doing it as a fan, Paramount offers him a ridiculous payday each time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodlebug said:

Although I wonder if the reason for still doing these lies in the fact that Bay doesn't have anything outside of TF that can even make a fraction of it's money. His highest grossing non-TF movie is Armageddon, which barely cracked 200M eighteen years ago. Impressive, but nowhere near the kind of paycheck that Optimus Prime can give him.

He can make another Bad Boys or just live idle to count accumulated money in the rest of his life. He does it because he wanna do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bartonfink said:

He can make another Bad Boys or just live idle to count accumulated money in the rest of his life. He does it because he wanna do it.

Doing Bad Boys 3 isn't going to get him the same amount of money as TF5.

Some people aren't satisfied with having a quarter billion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Doing Bad Boys 3 isn't going to get him the same amount of money as TF5.

Some people aren't satisfied with having a quarter billion.

And some people stick their guns despite whatever others say

Edited by bartonfink
typing error
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, bartonfink said:

And some people stick their guns despite whatever others wise off.  

I'm not arguing whether it's wrong or right to be greedy.

I'm just saying Bay isn't a Transformers fan, he does these movies because he gets hundreds of millions.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Yeah...that bastard Bay and his greedy ass.

He should learn from Disney, which makes countless superhero films and [will make and endless number of] Star Wars sequels to express themselves and their artistic integrity.

Yes, he should learn from Disney.

They make highly profitable fanboy movies with 90% RT scores.

Meanwhile Bay has characters with their pants down asking for toilet paper and Transformer robots with testicles, humping and pissing.

I'm not asking for Shakespeare but c'mon.

• Like 3

Just now, grey ghost said:

Yes, he should learn from Disney.

They make highly profitable fanboy movies with 90% RT scores.

Meanwhile Bay has characters with their pants down asking for toilet paper and Transformer robots with testicles, humping and pissing.

I'm not asking for Shakespeare but c'mon.

Honestly, Bay could leave the action the way it is and just cut out the elementary humor, and his RT scores would easily shoot up 20-30%.

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Give him credit for being greedy?

He's not doing it as a fan, Paramount offers him a ridiculous payday each time.

Don't you think he has enough money though?  Do you really think he's doing it for the money?  

It is about time for Unicorn to come onto the scene. A planet sized Transformer that consumes worlds...it's time.

While Age of Extinction let me down in regards to how much actual Dinobot action there was it was passable and didn't drop to Revenge of the Fallen bad.

There is still an upward climb in story telling that can be achieved with this franchise. The first one had the most heart, find that pulse again Paramount and you might salvage a $200m+ domestic total for TF5. 

9 hours ago, The Futurist said:

John Glen directed all the James Bond of the 80's.

5 movies.

Lol, what a random one. Looks like he did nothing else either. :lol: 

Otherwise, I don't think there are any past 4. PJ kind of, but not really since LOTR and Hobbit were filmed like two movies not six. Miller will get 5 with Mad Max if the next one happens.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Don't you think he has enough money though?  Do you really think he's doing it for the money?  

I mean I don't know how much he's being paid. But if it's around $20m (sounds about right) plus a huge backend deal, that's pretty tough to pass up. I'm sure he enjoys making these movies, but I doubt he would be continuing to direct Transformers movies if he wasn't getting paid an obscene amount of $$$. I can't blame the man, that's a ton of money, no matter how rich you are.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt

25 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

It is about time for Unicorn to come onto the scene. A planet sized Transformer that consumes worlds...it's time.

While Age of Extinction let me down in regards to how much actual Dinobot action there was it was passable and didn't drop to Revenge of the Fallen bad.

There is still an upward climb in story telling that can be achieved with this franchise. The first one had the most heart, find that pulse again Paramount and you might salvage a $200m+ domestic total for TF5. 

:slaphead:

It's Unicron.