Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

Why was it not a good partnership again?

Uhh...I don't really defend MoS, I just state it was better than IM3. That's all.

LOL I was just messing with you Ed. If I was serious I would have said TDKR.

• Like 1

RTH said it was playing more like DH1 than THG.  That caused the meltdowns.

And yes, 60-70 mill is hilarious.  I can tell you that's the range without seeing any numbers.  Useless tweet by Guru.

But shouldn't it play like DH1? They're released on the same weekend. Rabid fan base. I'm not surprised.

"Good" is relative -- it would mean a 44.75m Friday.

But again, that's a fantastic number.  It's just not a Brobdingnagian number like some were expecting.  

• Like 2

Because when you're left giving away 2/3rds of the tickets for free (which you spent millions on) ... it's kind of a waste.

That's a big misconception. People seem to think Walmart didn't sell a lot of tickets by WOM. No media outlets reported such a thing. People came on this forum and said "I know someone at Walmart who said they didn't sell a lot".I'm pretty sure there was an "actual" on that Thursday preview by Walmart.

So if...TDK - TDKR had a 2M increase...and THG - CF has a 2M increase...All of you guys predicting 250M+ for Avengers 2 can rethink your predictions now.

Well, let's not get into the TDK-TDKR increase. The fact that it increased was good enough at the end of the OW.

But shouldn't it play like DH1? They're released on the same weekend. Rabid fan base. I'm not surprised.

Sorry riczhang, but have you been absent for the last couple of months?  Are you not aware of tracking, poster's expectations and predictions from experts like Guru, Mojo and other sights?  :)

• Like 2