Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

to each his own but i loved the mandarin in IM3 he was funny no shit!  cannot imagine being upset by the twist lol

ok anyhoo this thread was pretty meh so far, going to watch a movie before hitting the bed or read an ebook on my pc 

i'll know for sure within  next 5 mn , good night bitting your finger CF fans, tomorrow evening will be clearer for everyone number wise

i'm sure!

to each his own but i loved the mandarin in IM3 he was funny no shit!  cannot imagine being upset by the twist lol

Being a life long comic book fan, the Mandarin being some actor was one of the biggest slaps in the faces of terms of movies I’ve seen last year. It was obvious that Shane Black only did that because he wanted to say “fuck you fanboys”.

That being said, I got over it pretty quickly.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Being a life long comic book fan, the Mandarin being some actor was one of the biggest slaps in the faces of terms of movies I’ve seen last year. It was obvious that Shane Black only did that because he wanted to say “fuck you fanboys”.

That being said, I got over it pretty quickly.

Oh, come on. I've been reading comic books since the Mandarin was palling around with Fin Fang Foom and I wasn't offended by Iron Man 3 at all. It was kind of foolish to think that they were going to use a racist caricature with magic rings he stole from an alien dragon in the film universe, for one thing, and for another the elderly terrorist portrayed by Trevor Slattery wouldn't have been a worthy opponent for Iron Man. Extremis-fueled Aldrich Killian worked far better because he had powers and motivations that made more sense in the film universe than the traditional Mandarin would have. 

The Mandarin reveal was a nice subversion of the genre and our real-world reaction to terrorist boogeyman.

The effect was somewhat diminished when the film wanted to have its cake and eat it with Guy Pearce's utterly generic villain in the finale afterwards, but I will give IM3 props for the Kingsley stuff.

Edited by Hatebox

Oh, come on. I've been reading comic books since the Mandarin was palling around with Fin Fang Foom and I wasn't offended by Iron Man 3 at all. It was kind of foolish to think that they were going to use a racist caricature with magic rings he stole from an alien dragon in the film universe, for one thing, and for another the elderly terrorist portrayed by Trevor Slattery wouldn't have been a worthy opponent for Iron Man. Extremis-fueled Aldrich Killian worked far better because he had powers and motivations that made more sense in the film universe than the traditional Mandarin would have. 

He hasn't been portrayed as a racist caricature in the comics in a long time.Besides they didn't need to make him Trevor Slatery anyway, and Aldrich Killian was a poor villain.

Edited by Fancyarcher