Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Since we are staying off topic tonight, I'm watching Next of Kin on AMC.  I didn't recognize Liam Neeson as the hillbilly brother.  He does a pretty good accent too.  Quite the cast in this film as well.

Swayze

Nesson

Bill Paxton

Helen Hunt

Ben Stiller

Adam Baldwin

Michael J. Pollard

I love seeing old films and seeing people just starting out.  Neeson and Stiller are both unrecognizable in the film.  

Oh my God Baumer.  I can't believe this. I posted this on November 12

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/11319-what-movie-are-you-watching-right-now/page-6#entry1108634

I'm watching a movie right now on tv with Liam Neeson, Patrick Swayze, Helen Hunt, Bill Paxton and Ben Stiller. 

I bet Baumer knows what it is without even looking it up, lol.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 2

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/research/man-steel-flies-high-dvd-and-blu-ray-sales-charts-31928

'Man of Steel' Flies High on DVD and Blu-ray Sales Charts

The fourth-quarter disc frenzy continues to accelerate, with week after week of summer tentpole titles arriving on DVD and Blu-ray Disc — and easily topping the sales charts.

Warner Home Video’s Man of Steel was the clear victor for the week ended Nov. 17, topping both the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert chart, which tracks overall DVD and Blu-ray Disc combined sales, as well as Nielsen’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart.

Man of Steel generated 68% of its total unit sales from Blu-ray Disc, Nielsen data shows

Ohhhh boy. This is a heavily debated thing on the internet. The internet at large had decided to call it Gif. Then the creator of Gif's said "It is pronounced Jif". But since it goes against common usage, there is now a big debate if the creator of something has more rights to name a widespread thing post adoption.

I would point out to the creator that he should have spelled it "Jif" if that's how he wanted it to be pronounced.   :D

Top 2D openings:

The Dark Knight Rises: $160,887,295

The Dark Knight: $158,411,483

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire: $158,074,286

Posted Image

Interesting that two movies which we heard loud boasts about how well they did in IMAX theaters are now trying to claim they are "2D only".

So assuming future THG movies are in 3D, is there any franchise out there that has a chance in hell of setting a new 2D record? Star Wars will be in 3D because that's just the way Disney rolls. The Bond franchise seems to be sticking with 2D, but it seems impossible that Bond could ever open that big in the States -- especially during November.

2D record...is that a real record or something invented by a certain fan base?

How's the OS opening for CF? Good, bad?

Almost the same as TDK and TDKR so that's pretty good.

Posted Image

Yay!  Batman wins ....the battle to stay in 3rd place?

• Like 1

For a bunch of early "unknown" faces, watch THE BOUNTY. :)

I knew Gibson and Hopkins were in it, but Day Lewis and Neeson?  Wow, that's quite the cast.

Oh my God Baumer.  I can't believe this. I posted this on November 12

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/11319-what-movie-are-you-watching-right-now/page-6#entry1108634

Wow, that's funny and the only reason I would have known that is because I knew Paxton was in NOK with Swayze, but I had no idea about the others being in it, haven't seen it since it came out 25 years ago.

Interesting that two movies which we heard loud boasts about how well they did in IMAX theaters are now trying to claim they are "2D only".

Wait, so not being in 3D does not qualify as being a 2D release??? Oh, my god. My entire reality has been a lie. If Mojo has started quoting the highest 2D weekend, and all analysts on Forbes, Boxoffice and Prophets kept saying "New 2D Record" then it is a thing.

Wow, that's funny and the only reason I would have known that is because I knew Paxton was in NOK with Swayze, but I had no idea about the others being in it, haven't seen it since it came out 25 years ago.

That's how I knew you would know it.

Here is the winner and the new 2014 Official DOM/OS/WW Champion:

Posted Image

this gif = my thoughts :ph34r:  right up there with watching thor shirtless ;)

but true enough it hasnt happened yet we must respect the competition until the year is out 

call it estimated king until actuals are in :P

Almost the same as TDK and TDKR so that's pretty good.

Yay!  Batman wins ....the battle to stay in 3rd place?

The second installment in the Jennifer Lawrence-starring dystopian action film series made about $12.6 million from Imax theaters in its opening weekend in North America, showing on 347 screens for an average of $36,300 per screen, according to Imax Corp. and Lionsgate. That beats last year's James Bond film "Skyfall" for the best November Imax opening ever. 

TDK Imax screen count: 94

TDKR Imax screen count: Can't find that info

Either way, I'm pretty sure it's a pretty even playing field.

• Like 1