Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I wish I had a Thanksgiving fall break growing up...

Yea that would have been swell- they didn't do it until my senior year, and even then it was only a way around to not pay teachers because the state went budget cut fucking crazy, so it wasn't exactly the best circumstances, but hey, no school! 

• Like 1

Hey X-Stacy, I'm trying to settle something with my buddy Floyd, so help me out here. If a good looking guy came up to you said, "Princess, if you was my woman I'd make love to you constantly!", would you react positively or negatively??

Don't do this shit to me, Stingray. I thought you were past spouting obscure quotes from 80's movies.

Edited by Jack Nevada

• Founder / Operator

Side note: It's crazy to realize that 17 films have posted higher opening day grosses than Revenge of the Sith since it became the first to crack $50m. Moviegoing habits have really shifted in the last nine years.

• Like 1

Side note: It's crazy to realize that 17 films have posted higher opening day grosses than Revenge of the Sith since it became the first to crack $50m. Moviegoing habits have really shifted in the last nine years.

Especially when a movie hits 70M and there's somehow disappointments,
  • Like 5

Don't do this shit to me, Stingray. I thought you were past spouting obscure quotes from 80's movies.

HGahahaha!!  Stingray brings out the RAW quote....lol

I still remember when, about a week after I first discovered BOM, Dead Man's Chest opened and destroyed SM1's OW record, and how crazy and overwhelming it felt. 5 years later, BD1 exceeded its opening by a couple of million, and all I thought was, whatever.

• Like 2

I still remember when, about a week after I first discovered BOM, Dead Man's Chest opened and destroyed SM1's OW record, and how crazy and overwhelming it felt. 5 years later, BD1 exceeded its opening by a couple of million, and all I thought was, whatever.

Summer of 06 was a rather crazy time at BOM as I remember it.

• Like 2

It going to happen again next year with Captain America, Amazing Spider Man, X-Men, Transformers, and Fast and Furious. 

Are there many people saying TASM2 and TF4 will do 300+, and F&F7 will do 275+? I don't think there are, even though trailers and other promos could yet create hype in our heads that eventually proves somewhat unrealistic. I've seen overblown predictions for CA2 after that trailer, but TDW's performance must have cooled those expectations. 

Edited by Jake Gittes

Not one that started on Monday. :lol:

Even through college, I pretty much always had scheduled classes through Wednesday (but it was a half-day through high school).

Jesus. See that only started for college here. From pre-K to high school senior year, you got (still do) a week off for Thanksgiving.