Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Austin doing adequate but weakest performance of the night so far, Houston doing excellent, on par with much of the east coast, and Dallas is very strong as well, especially for Studio Movie Grill and Cimemark theaters.

If this does do 150 ... has MTC ever been off by like 40 million too high  ... I mean, I know they had TDKR at 185 and it did 160, but there's extenuating circumstances there .. but holy shit, that's terrible.

They would not have been too far off with TDKR if you know what didn't happen. But yeah, this weekend is looking like the biggest clusterfuck in tracking since Iron Man 2. That one we went from Paramount bragging to Nikki on Thursday evening that it was going to make $150-160m for the weekend to actual numbers coming in $20-30m lower.

• Like 1

Well, it's the highest grossing movie about a girl in a tree.

Point is non fans were sceptical about the whole thing after the fist movie 

a LOT of people didn't like it despite what these crazy fans around here would make you think 

I'm glad this is being received better than the first one ... I'll probably check it out now 

• Like 1

They would not have been too far off with TDKR if you know what didn't happen. But yeah, this weekend is looking like the biggest clusterfuck in tracking since Iron Man 2. That one we went from Paramount bragging to Nikki on Thursday evening that it was going to make $150-160m for the weekend to actual numbers coming in $20-30m lower.

Ugh. IM2 was the most unmemorable film, with the most unremarkable run. The only thing I remember was when he sat in a giant doughnut. 

• Like 1