Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

How about in the Avengers when Cap throw Black widow onto one of those flying motorcycles the aliens are flying, she grabs on with one arm but doesn't die..............or at the very least doesn't have her arm ripped off.  

Cap gave her a boost with his super shield so she already got some velocity, she doesn't grab it at full stop and she got strong biceps underneath the leather clad jacket...Rocket science not. -_-

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

TDKR won't go down in history as a good film simply because a) it wasn't and B) there are too many flaws and gigantic plot holes to consider this just a subjective opinion.TA, SM 1 and 2, IM1 and 3 and TDK in the other hand will.I love TASM, BB and T:TDW. I put these three films above at least three films from the list above as my personal favorites, and I feel that these thee are more accomplished films, but I understand why they don't make that list above.

It's snowed a bit here, too. Snow is much better than cold and dry, or cold and rainy, or cold and rain and snow mixed.

I envy you. (and Baumer). The only time it snowed here this year was a month ago, and then it's been around 0ºC, windy and completely dry for the whole November. First time I can remember that happening here - usually by mid-November the snow is there for good.

I'm not in Toronto anymore bud.  I'm 180 kms west in London.

I know about London in Canada from the TV show All in the Family. Archie was supposed to send a package to London for his job. So he sent it to London, England, but it was really supposed to go to London, Canada. So, Archie didn't get his Christmas bonus. The lesson here is that TV is educational.

• Like 2

Were you the stingray that killed Steve Irwin? :(

Nah, I had nothing to do with that.

Sweet Mary Moses that a lot of fucking profile views. How the hell did that happen?

I made a deal with the devil...

From the eternal sea he rises
Creating armies on either shore
Turning man against his brother
Until man exists no more.

TDKR won't go down in history as a good film simply because a) it wasn't and B) there are too many flaws and gigantic plot holes to consider this just a subjective opinion.TA, SM 1 and 2, IM1 and 3 and TDK in the other hand will.I love TASM, BB and T:TDW. I put these three films above at least three films from the list above as my personal favorites, and I feel that these thee are more accomplished films, but I understand why they don't make that list above.

whatev

• Like 1

Cap gave her a boost with his super shield so she already got some velocity, she doesn't grab it at full stop and she got strong biceps underneath the leather clad jacket...Rocket science not. -_-

but intuition and the idea of hopping on a cargo ship are just mind-boggling to you? 

Yes, we're hiding them from you. ;)  :P  :lol:

Sorry, at that point I had just gotten in from shoveling for 2 hours, hands were frozen, just wanted to know if I missed them.

• Like 1

Catching Fire will hold well next weekend since it's Thanksgiving and THG's fanbase skews much more towards adults than HP or Twilight. I'd predict a $65-$75 million 2nd weekend which would be about $288 million, with about $30-$35 million the following since CF isn't a kids movie so it'll hold a little better, bringing... $337 million. Against Hobbit 2, it'll get $17-$19 million since the Hobbit fanbase doesn't really contain teenage girls or older women (both key demos for HG), earning $364 million. Losing theaters will cause it to drop to $8-$10 million the following weekend, $379 million. Christmas will help it hold, earning $8.5 million over the next weekend. This gives it $400 million. Another $7 million the following weekend brings it total to $419 million. 

I'd say $425 million is the ceiling for CF with $375 million as the floor 

IM 3? LOL. Sure. I'm not even sure that TA has a spot there.

How about in the Avengers when Cap throw Black widow onto one of those flying motorcycles the aliens are flying, she grabs on with one arm but doesn't die..............or at the very least doesn't have her arm ripped off.  

lol the team was well crafted by Whedon, but everything about BW was laughable once the battle got started. She kicked major ass tied to the chair and showed us an emotional side when she was being interrogated by Loki, but come New York she was so awkward. You have aliens shooting at you (though they couldn't aim) and you stand there in the open and shoot back with guns that are smaller than ones most gang members own? And beside superhuman Cap and Thor who's creating lighting for goodness sakes. And with perfect make up and just one cut to the lip. People get bigger bruises in high school hallway fights than she (or any of them really) did fighting an alien race with mythical weapons. Whedon just had to hurry up and get her off the ground so thats when the flying cycle came into the play. I love BW, but her and NY just never meshed together to me.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

lol the team was well crafted by Whedon, but everything about BW was laughable once the battle got started. She kicked major ass tied to the chair and showed us an emotional side when she was being interrogated by Loki, but come New York she was so awkward. You have aliens shooting at you (though they couldn't aim) and you stand there in the open and shoot back with guns that are smaller than ones most gang members own? And beside superhuman Cap and Thor who's creating lighting for goodness sakes. And with perfect make up and just one cut to the lip. People get bigger bruises in high school hallway fights than she (or any of the really) did fighting an alien race with mythical weapons. Whedon just had to hurry up and get her off the ground so thats when the flying cycle came into the play. I love BW, but her and NY just never meshed together to me.

Black Widow role in TA = TNA = I dont mind :)  B)

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I envy you. (and Baumer). The only time it snowed here this year was a month ago, and then it's been around 0ºC, windy and completely dry for the whole November. First time I can remember that happening here - usually by mid-November the snow is there for good.

Steady snow can come as late as early December. I like my Christmas snowy so I'm cool with that. The first batch of snow usually comes in October but that melts off in a few days.

Posted Image

• Like 1

TDKR won't go down in history as a good film simply because a) it wasn't and B) there are too many flaws and gigantic plot holes to consider this just a subjective opinion.

TA, SM 1 and 2, IM1 and 3 and TDK in the other hand will.

I love TASM, BB and T:TDW. I put these three films above at least three films from the list above as my personal favorites, and I feel that these thee are more accomplished films, but I understand why they don't make that list above.

Posted Image

• Like 1