Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

You got it right Katniss as in JLAW. I don't think I would have been into this if it wasn't for her.

Well me either but I know people who have read the books and would have watched it regardless. Jennifer's following is big because of THG really. She was acclaimed and was building a nice little career with her Oscar nod and landing the Xmen gig. But make no mistake THG blew her up bigger than anything.

They could, definitely. A lot of times even if the overall estimate is pretty accurate you'll notice the actuals for each day fluctuating up and down from estimates.

They won't change much, Friday was underestimated by a bit anyway.

Wow! That would've been awful.

It was six million. 

When the $80,027,814 final tally for Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones's weekend was issued on Monday, 20th Century Fox's $86.15 million estimate from Sunday turned out to be off by $6.12 million. That raised a number of eyebrows, especially in light of rival studios' estimates that had Clones pegged at closer to $80 million.

IM2:

Iron Man 2's distributor Paramount Pictures estimated its weekend at $133.6 million on Sunday, overshooting the actual gross by $5.5 million due to bullish estimates for Friday and Sunday and an even more bullish projection for Sunday.

Scream 2:

[The] studio notoriously reported Scream 2's opening as $39.2 million back in 1997 only to have it revised days after the damage had been done to $32.9 million.
Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 6

Well me either but I know people who have read the books and would have watched it regardless. Jennifer's following is big because of THG really. She was acclaimed and was building a nice little career with her Oscar nod and landing the Xmen gig. But make no mistake THG blew her up bigger than anything.

If it weren't for THG, I don't know if she would have won Best Actress last year. She still would have got the nom though.

• Like 1

If it weren't for THG, I don't know if she would have won Best Actress last year. She still would have got the nom though.

Well you remember she was nominated for Winters Bone. That's where I first saw her. So she would have won one eventually with or with THG.

• Like 2

Yeah it did help the following for the books was big and they did show up in numbers for the movie and she really owned the role like a boss and I think she added some more followers with her powerful perfomance and oscar nod too, so it's kind of wierd this sequel isn't benefiting from that as it looks.

Well you remember she was nominated for Winters Bone. That's where I first saw her. So she would have won one eventually with or with THG.

Yep people recognized her talents in that movie and it was coming if it even took longer.