Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I'm still confused. What does that have to do with my post to blackspider? And I don't get what you mean when you say every Imax is sold out.

I misread that and thought you meant there were no sell outs for Catching Fire :lol:And we have a IMAX finally so yeah they are all sold out.

lol I just got home and caught up to everything. the OW is going to underperform because it failed to meet projections, but a 130 million+ opener is far from a flop. there's a clear distinction between the two. I know boxoffice followers like to jump the gun and call anything that fails to match predictions a flop but that's clearly not true.

I think most on here are using the term 'flop' jokingly. They're just poking fun and having their moment to gloat :). Which is reasonable.
  • Like 1

I'm planning on trying to make it to a Frozen show this weekend if possible. El Capitan is a really enjoyable theater to watch movies in, there are musical shows and stage shows before every movie. It is owned by Disney so only Disney movies play there.

That does sound like a super fun theater!

Twist? It's the truth. Whether CF opened to 180M or 140M, it's still is going to profit LG very much.

But not what you think I meant. You assumed that I was on the same page with you. Nobody in here is ever on the same page with some one else, too much confusion going on in this place. 

reasons for underperformance

-No Taylor Swift song

-Release of Xbox One distracting audiences

-People saving their money for The Hobbit 2

-Male audiences distracted by Call of Duty: Ghosts-Adult audiences too busy watching Hobbit : Extended Edition and Appendices 

-Delivery Man stealing away audiences

-Thor 2, Best Man's Holiday and Last Vegas still drawing in huge crowds

:rofl:

• Like 2

remember this article from a few weeks ago? You can't blame people for having really high predicts

http://www.thewrap.com/hunger-games-catching-fire-jennifer-lawrence-massive-box-office-tracking

“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” is tracking for an opening weekend that could go as high as $185 million when it debuts on Nov. 22, based on box-office marketing data released Thursday.

Edited by John Marston