Gopher

The 2014 Box Office Awards (pre-voting business to discuss)

How's this coming along? I hope we get a decent amount of time to vote for both the nominees and the winners.

My current plan is to start the nomination period on December 27 and end it on January 20. That gives people time to see HER and LONE SURVIVOR and everything else that's expanding or re-expanding on January 10. Hell, I would've loved to wait for THE WIND RISES to come out but at some point we need to cut it off. 

• Like 2

Oh, I see how it is. This is gonna be an Americans only awards thing, then? Whatever. That's cool.

I don't want to have a 2013 awards show in April. But that's what would happen if I waited for every Oscar contender to come out internationally.

I think we should hold on voting until the Oscar Ceremony. By then, every big movie should be in every country.

Disagree, even though it would make sense, we shouldn't have an award show for 2013 in April of 2014. That's just too far.

If only the movie studios went by the schedule of The Box Office Forums Film Critics Society Of People Who Aren't Actual Critics But Simply Forum Members Who Thought They Could Do This Whole Awards Thing Better Than Groups Like The Boston Online Film Critics Association Whose List of Winners In Major Categories Reads More Like Oscar Predictions Than Genuine Choices For What They Thought Was the Best of the Year (or simply BOFFCSOPWAACBSFMWTTCDTWABTGLTBOFCAWLOWIMCRMLOPTGCFWTTWTBOTY for short)