Gopher

The 2014 Box Office Awards (pre-voting business to discuss)

It is unfair to foreign countries that get some stuff early or in theaters, but it is the easiest way to ensure everyone uses the same pool of movies.

But it is fair when the US gets it a few months ahead of the rest of the world.

6 nominees (makes it more interesting)

Preferrential 

Yes to horror and docs

Suggestions:

Best Voiceover Performance (Scar-Jo, Josh Gad, Cumberbauch, Serkis, Ed Harris, and Kristen Wiig) 

maybe take horror and turn it into a genre film category (sci-fi/action/horror) with 7 nominees - doesn't make sense for horror to have its own

Add musicals to the comedy category like the Golden Globes 

But it is fair when the US gets it a few months ahead of the rest of the world.

We should do the nominees in January/February which gives people time to see movies. It is hard to pick one  one country to determine release schedule of movies but since this site is based off  American movies. It is would be the easiest to have that in place. 

Why add musicals were there even any released

I agree, the only two musicals this year I remember were Frozen and Black Nativity, besides why do people bunch musicals up with comedies?  Not all musicals are comedies, look at Les Mis, it is clearly a drama (with music) but was in a comedy category because people sing.

If we were to add any category, I wouldn't mind adding Best Use of Action. IK it'd be impossible to reward to someone in real life, but heck, this is a forum awards ceremony, and action is always used in creative new ways every year. We also have it as a category in CAYOM :P

We should do the nominees in January/February which gives people time to see movies. It is hard to pick one  one country to determine release schedule of movies but since this site is based off  American movies. It is would be the easiest to have that in place. 

Nominations should definitely be after January 10, because that's when HER and LONE SURVIVOR get their wide release in the US. So maybe within a week or two of that date. I don't think we should delay the nominations until February, though.

I can get behind the US release date rule, because it gives films the best chance of winning something,

Otherwise I would be forced into voting for Snowpiercer this year even though apart from a few French people and the odd pirate, I'm the only person to have seen it so far.

It's much better for the films chances that it become eligible next year when the US releases it in who knows what month.

Nominations should definitely be after January 10, because that's when HER and LONE SURVIVOR get their wide release in the US. So maybe within a week or two of that date. I don't think we should delay the nominations until February, though.

I think we should. I ain't gonna get the chance to see some shit until the end of january, and I think the case is similar for many of the foreigners here, and as this is a pretty international group we got on this forum, I think it's fair.

• Like 3