Punishment

Weekend Actuals 11/22-11/24 $158,074,286

Just for the record, trolling is not when someone has a different opinion than the norm.  However ridiculous you might think JJ321's opinion is, it is not trolling.

But posting same thing again and again and looking for crazy response is.  

• Like 2

But posting same thing again and again and looking for crazy response is.  

Trolling is a lot less obvious than that. That is just being antagonistic.

Edited by Accursed Architect!™

Just for the record, trolling is not when someone has a different opinion than the norm.  However ridiculous you might think JJ321's opinion is, it is not trolling.

Baumer, you are correct that having a different opinion or an outrageous opinion is not trolling. However, his posting style (along with some other obvious folks on this board) clearly indicates that he's a troll.

troll2
trōl/  
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling

[*]

fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
    "we trolled for mackerel"

[*]

carefully and systematically search an area for something.
      "a group of companies trolling for partnership opportunities"

[*]

informal
    submit a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response.
    "if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

There are a number of people on this board who are clearly trolls. The mods really need to crack down.

A troll is someone who comes on here only to instigate fights. I don't think a momentary passionate statement(or statements) qualifies. Basically, trolls are chronic, while overzealousness is acute.

Edited by Accursed Architect!™

A troll is someone who comes on here only to instigate fights. I don't think a momentary passionate statement(or statements) qualifies. Basically, trolls are chronic, while overzealousness is acute.

Tell me this isn't someone who is looking for trouble with just about every post:

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=forums&mid=21737&sid=af1b6a4aab27b478ac1bb9b40ed8415c&search_app_filters[forums][searchInKey]=&userMode=content

I'm not actively moderating these days, but I know the mods are very aware of who is or isn't trolling.