Noctis

Catching Fire VS The Dark Knight Rises

Catching Fire VS The Dark Knight Rises  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Catching Fire VS The Dark Knight Rises

• Catching Fire
    • The Dark Knight Rises

IMDB certainly has its biases and the batman movies fit nicely in it's biases (i.e. 16-35 odd guys are going to on average appreciate a film like TDKR over a film like CF) But the fact that a majority of people either vote a film a 1 or a 10 doesn't really change anything because it holds true for all films, not just 'fanboy' centric films. While some people may appreciate a more nuanced rating view, it seems that most people are just happy to use 1 for not like and 10 for like or a binary view of rating. And while fanboys may hop on or or off a particular bandwagon, when we are talking about 700k in votes, i can't imagine it would have a massive affect overall.

I was just pointing out imdb is not the best place to go to see GA perception of a film, it has a very specific demographic from its voter base and fanboy films tend to get spam voters who will create many accounts just to spam their fanboy film. Not saying that's everyone on imdb, but it's a good chunk of the userbase and they make an impact, especially when the user demo favors a film like The Dark Knight Rises.

Not saying that's everyone on imdb, but it's a good chunk of the userbase and they make an impact, especially when the user demo favors a film like The Dark Knight Rises.

you have that perception because the fanbase is louder than normal users.

To Panda:

I don't think anyone begrudges you having an opinion, whatever that opinion is, but telling people that "only people who don't know anything about movies..." has such and such an opinion, will not endear you to the masses here.  Not one likes a pretentious twat.

• Like 2

To Panda:

I don't think anyone begrudges you having an opinion, whatever that opinion is, but telling people that "only people who don't know anything about movies..." has such and such an opinion, will not endear you to the masses here.  Not one likes a pretentious twat.

Forgive me if I sounded like one, I got on my high horse (AKA rant) and when I do I tend to make unnecessary jabs and remarks until it's out of my system.

Forgive me if I sounded like one, I got on my high horse (AKA rant) and when I do I tend to make unnecessary jabs and remarks until it's out of my system.

Cool.  I accept your apology.  And I too apologize for calling you names.  Truce?

You seem like a really knowledgeable poster with a lot to add to the forums.  :)

• Like 1

Cool.  I accept your apology.  And I too apologize for calling you names.  Truce?

You seem like a really knowledgeable poster with a lot to add to the forums.   :)

Accepted, I understand I can be a pretentious twat at times, I try not to, but there's an inner hipster in me that gets out at times.

• Like 1