ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

TSTefhnij...

Destroyer of dreams...

George Lucas of my childhood.

It is just industry people opening their mouths on Twitter. I have no reason to doubt a Tarantino movie gets behind though. It is sort of characteristic of this dude. :)

Just trying to fill my buddies at BOT in!

Edited by TStechnij

It is just industry people opening their mouths on Twitter. I have no reason to doubt a Tarantino movie gets behind though. It is sort of characteristic of this dude. :)

Just trying to fill my buddies at BOT in!

Is it thought?  I don't recall there being much word about Inglorious or Django's post, either good or bad.  I'm sure it's mostly the edit too, because he doesn't really have any effects to worry about.    And we're still 4 months away!

Tanrantino can fall behind all he wants.

He has always delivered 100% (ok cept that time he made a movie with Rodriguez but even than had its moments).

PS: I mean Grindhouse...I heart From Dusk Til Dawn.

Edited by kowhite

Is it thought? I don't recall there being much word about Inglorious or Django's post, either good or bad. I'm sure it's mostly the edit too, because he doesn't really have any effects to worry about. And we're still 4 months away!

Django was close but it was admittedly, a tougher edit. Putting something on that weekend completely prevents any leeway though. I think that is why it is a lot more "doom and gloom" over Django.

If I'm being honest I really want Carol be TWC main focus this season so if they push this back I wouldn't be too upset. :)

Edited by TStechnij

Django was close but it was admittedly, a tougher edit. Putting something on that weekend completely prevents any leeway though. I think that is why it is a lot more "doom and gloom" over Django.

If I'm being honest I really want Carol be TWC main focus this season so if they push this back I wouldn't be too upset. :)

Am I missing something?  Django was a Christmas release also. 

Am I missing something? Django was a Christmas release also.

I'm so sorry! You are right, it was Inglorious that had a summer release.

Didn't Django miss screeners though?

According to the industry people, the delays are with the 70mm and retrofitting theaters. I don't know. It is probably just gossip.

I'm so sorry! You are right, it was Inglorious that had a summer release.

According to the industry people, the delays are with the 70mm and retrofitting theaters. I don't know. It is probably just gossip.

Okay, that makes sense.  But, are there really that many theaters being retrofitted?  I just figured it was going to play on those already capable.  

So I think it inevitable this film is t going to do IB or Django numbers.

But given the budget, it simply doesn't need to.

But that raises the question...what does it need to do to be considered a hit? And does the success of those clearly more expensive movies make the expectations of this a bit unreasonable? And could this be the year of the mustache, and it does it anyway?

And for that matter...what are the expectations? I just fear...people are gonna go...Django made more.

Yeah it got out screeners very late, which caused a lot of confusion over who should get the supporting actor nom push (Waltz, DiCaprio, or Jackson). In the end everyone defaulted to Waltz.

Yeah it got out screeners very late, which caused a lot of confusion over who should get the supporting actor nom push (Waltz, DiCaprio, or Jackson). In the end everyone defaulted to Waltz.

Unoriginal Basterds.

Misspelling intended.

No offense Waltz, but you weren't the best supporting there. But yes, you were good.