iceroll

Wednesday Numbers: Catching Fire 20.7m, Frozen 15.2m, Thor 2.3m (yay) Smashing like a Wrecking Ball!

Wow, my projection keeps increasing. 

22M

15.4M

33.6M

32.7M

17.9M

84.2M(-47%) 2nd biggest 2nd weekend of all time, much better hold than THG. 

307.6M 10 day total. Just behind TDK for 3rd biggest 10 day total. This is just unfucking believable. 400M+ is happening folks, 400M sequel curse is broken!!!!!!!!!!  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited: 

I think over 100% won't happen on Fri. I think if it beats TDK, it will be by the hair of Haymitch's chinny-chin-chin.

I'm looking forward to seeing a +10m lead against DH2 in your dailies comparisons tomorrow!  :excited:  :excited:

Actually, it will be 5-6m behind, but gaining fast. I think you're reading the difference wrong. Remember, it's 135% of DH1 that I'm comparing to since 135% of it will get it to 400m.

co-lead, Katniss is straight up 100% the lead.

Yeah that's what I was thinking at first but like the movie starts and ends with Rose and is told mostly from her point of view. What really differentiates her from Katniss who has the story told in her point of view as well. Peeta is in the movie a lot too like Jack. Is it that it's a love story? NOT trying to downgrade CF at all, just genuinely wondering. 

Edited by ban1o

Yess!

Female action hero dealing with struggles of being forced into the symbol of a rebellion against oppressive tyranny > Generic 3D superhero tentpole.

Top 3 in Winter could all have female lead. CF, Frozen and Gravity.  :shades:

• Like 3

I think over 100% won't happen on Fri. I think if it beats TDK, it will be by the hair of Haymitch's chinny-chin-chin.

It's behaving like a family movie so I'm expecting strong jump post Thanksgiving so we'll see who's right.  ;)  :D

• Like 1

Oh I thought it was DH2 haha nvm.

DH2 came out at a different time period. If you wanna see that comparison, BOM has a showdown for it. I hate comparing films that were released at different points during the year. Throws me all off...

Edited by Accursed Architect!™

Wow, my projection keeps increasing. 

22M

15.4M

33.6M

32.7M

17.9M

84.2M(-47%) 2nd biggest 2nd weekend of all time, much better hold than THG. 

307.6M 10 day total. Just behind TDK for 3rd biggest 10 day total. This is just unfucking believable. 400M+ is happening folks, 400M sequel curse is broken!!!!!!!!!!  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:  :excited: 

Calm a little down dude ...

• Like 3

So 400M is happening, right?

It is very possible as long as this $22 million Wednesday isn't a crazy fluke and it drops 50% tomorrow for some fucked up reason.

Honestly, I'm just really happy Frozen looks to be crushing everyone's expectations. Looks to be coexisting very nicely with CF and will most definitely play greatly over December.