iceroll

Wednesday Numbers: Catching Fire 20.7m, Frozen 15.2m, Thor 2.3m (yay) Smashing like a Wrecking Ball!

The Good Stuff

+ Redmayne (Yes), Hathaway (Yes yes), Jackman (Yes yes yes)

+ The emotion

+ The production values

+ Some genuinely good scenes

+ The music is great even though..

The Bad Stuff

- .. most of the singing is awful

- Russel Crowe

- The Teurnadeurs

- It feels uneven and a bit rushed

LOL I liked Russell Crowe better than Hugh Jackman. :ph34r:

He couldn't sing a lick yet he was all into it like he was Pavarotti. He was the liveliest of the bunch. Jackman's singing was kind of flat. Sounded like he was talk-singing. Anne Hathaway was the best thing in it. Samantha Barks was good too. I wasn't feeling Redmayne or Amanda Seyfield. They were sort of just there for me. Les Mis was hit and miss for me.

I'm not even gonna post gifs anymore. I'm just gonna have to describe the fucking gifs in my posts. I clearly don't know how to internet.

Hey Coolio I've been meaning to ask you. How is DA this season?

Blog updated with Wed number: http://accursedarachnid.wordpress.com/2013/11/26/box-office-analysis-catching-fire-vs-deathly-hollows-part-1-135/

Posted ImageVSPosted Image

Catching Fire grosses 135+% of Harry Potter 7 = $400 million.

Day - HP7 Gross – Chg – CF Gross – Chg – Difference – Gap

6. $19.47m  +41% $20.70m(EST)  +30%   +1.23m  -6.91m

• Like 3

Oh, and to defend my Film Theory class on their Frozen predict, my teacher did show this shitty trailer instead of the superior third trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1ieZ4f-DqM

Oh what I am kidding they're total idiots

Stop complaining and just get out now. Find a better school/class. :lol:

• Like 1

I live in a predominantly white town. There's two African Americans in my class out of about 30 people. Curiously enough, the people who called me racist were all white. <_<

LOL You just have all kinds of problems.

nfl again pfff ....

tomorrow is black friday i'll go window shopping and cry at prices , see if i hold myself back from making impulsive buy lol because money is tight per usual at end of month

meh. BF isn't what it used to be. Now everything is open on TG day. I'm an impulsive shopper too especially with shoes and handbags. I can find super good deals all through the year. Honestly I don't really need anything and neither does my daughter so it's easy for me to stay out of the stores. :lol:  :lol:

That sounds like a fantastic idea tbh, but the class is convinced I'm racist (thanks to my comments on African American audience being underserved after TBMH was released) so I'll never be able to rally an army :(

And they predicted 30m for Black Nativity....

Hey Coolio I've been meaning to ask you. How is DA this season?

Boring. If you care about pig farmers, taxation, whether or not Alfred becomes a chef or if lady Mary gets over her boring toff of a dead husband by banging a boring toff or a different boring toff etc then you'll love it.

Pretty sure it was them overcorrecting their BMH. Tbh, I think that's what's going on Frozen too, since we predicted 28M for Free Birds if I remember correctly

True, but Free Birds bombing and TBMH succeeding would just mean more room for Frozen to succeed and less room for Black Nativity to break out
  • Like 1