baumer

Frozen (2013)

107 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Yes Brave is good. Certainly better than Frozen.

I loved Frozen, but after thinking about it, I think I agree. At least on the emotional level, Brave is better. It might be because I went to Frozen COMPLETELY spoiled...  :sadno:

But I don't know, I need to watch Frozen again to make up my mind. I give both movies an A.

Edited by lolifofo
  • Like 1

Ah, I always neglect some of the sections on this forum. :P

No surprise, I give it an A+. I can't go any lower since it's the first time an animated movie has ever been my #1 favorite movie for any given year.

I'd rank this right up there with the very best Disney animated movies ever made. I see a lot of Disney fans have it just below the giants like The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid, which is fine since I believe it takes at least a decade after release for a movie to gain acceptance into the elite since new animated movies need time to earn their position, and for the next generation who sees a movie to grow up to the point where they start becoming the ones making lists based on what they experienced as youngsters.

I find no real flaws with the characters, I personally preferred Anna, she was so direct, energetic, bubbly and fearless. She was also solidly her own person, good or bad she made her own decisions and followed through with them.

I can see why many prefer Elsa, she is a tragic figure, and generates a lot of sympathy for her circumstances and sacrifice.Posted Image

• Like 3

Finally after all those f* days I got a chance to see Frozen and man....it was awesome.I was getting Tangled vibes throughout the whole screening, laughing my ass at every second scene, which Olaf popped in and getting misty eyes on several occassions too.Lovable characters, great songs and a beautiful theme.One of my favourite if not the favourite movies from 2013.Now get that money and pass DM2 dom!

Edited by Ajde
  • Like 1

Watched it with the cousins at home.

The loved the visuals and music, I loved the side jokes and story ( the whole snowman and Summer thing is comedic gold)

The film is based off an old story so it plays like one so that means the story is great.

The characters are likeable, however I perhaps would have like to see Ice Queen unleashed, but I remember this is a Disney film not a superhero film.

A-

Best part is easily Let it Go and The Climax. 

This film should get a lot of note for breaking some Disney stereotypes.

It really made you think there love at true sight in the start (however the true kiss plot really did show the other guy was the true love, but you still assumed Hans was just not going to be lucky, not a villain) 

One thing I liked most is seemed Anna was dying and was going to get her kiss from her true love, but to her family was more important then her true love and she sacrificed herself to save her sister...Why because she is family. 

Then the true love to bring her back to life was not from the guy, but from her sister.

Nice subtle touches but made the film a bit unique.

The character development is a bit rushed due to the runtime. Would not mind 2 hours. But again, it is an animation primarily for kids and family ...

The character development is way rushed with Elsa. She just ends up fading to the background after Let It Go, when she should have been the most important character.