lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

It will lose most of its IMAX screens + regular screen count will also suffer against a big opener. A 50%+ drop will most likely happen.

And I am already aware of that. I still don't think TH2 is going to make CF drop 50%. You all can continue to doubt or be cautious about this films run...I will not. 50%+ drop this weekend is going to happen but I will not be surprised if it doesn't drop 50% for the rest of the December weekends after that.

Edited by Moviefanatic

And I am already aware of that. I still don't think TH2 is going to make CF drop 50%. You all can continue to doubt or be cautious about this films run...I will not. 50%+ drop next this weekend is going to happen but I will not be surprised if it doesn't drop 50% for the rest of the December weekends after that.

IMAX loss is quite significant for big movies like this. That's 250-300 theaters with high ticket prices that are no longer playing your movie. While I think a sub 50% drop is possible I won't be surprised with a drop that is around mid 50s.

IMAX loss is quite significant for big movies like this. That's 250-300 theaters with high ticket prices that are no longer playing your movie. While I think a sub 50% drop is possible I won't be surprised with a drop that is around mid 50s.

Well we will find out soon.

I'm 17, but I've been actively going to the movies for only three years now. I have to say.. 2013 has made me really fall in love with film, and the experience of going to the movies. It's been such amazing year.

1999 was the year that made me a movie obsessed, first time I saw a film with stadium seating, experience was incredible.

• Like 2

I dont think imax is playing that big a part for CF. Even OW was muted and I did not see them even selling out that much. I guess LG did not market it that well enough or its audience base do not care about iMax.

I'm 17, but I've been actively going to the movies for only three years now. I have to say.. 2013 has made me really fall in love with film, and the experience of going to the movies. It's been such amazing year.

I've loved movies since 1977, but I'll agree that for some reason I have just seen a ton of movies in 2013. And I've enjoyed most of them. I'd definitely agree that it has been a good year for movies.

I've always enjoyed going to the movies but I think 2008-2009 really made me a big film fan. It helped that interest really came about when I was in my freshman year of HS (really the big start of someone's journey to "find themselves" I guess) and coming off of films like Iron Man, The Dark Knight, Wall-E, and Gran Torino really made me start to gain interest in the film industry like never before.

And yeah, 2013 hasn't actually been the best year for me for various reasons but as far as moviegoing this year things have been really good which definitely helps.

1999 was the year that made me a movie obsessed, first time I saw a film with stadium seating, experience was incredible.

Obsession is a good word. I feel like seeing all kinds of movies all the time, and I love doing it. 

• Like 2

Yeah that why gravity dropped so hard this weekend :rolleyes:

The Hobbit didn't cause any big drops last year and I don't see this one opening any higher so im predicting a 40-45% drop.

Edited by Jessie

Wonder if RTH is going to give us his updated numbers tonight?

Well at this point we pretty much know how the weekend is going to turn out. Normally the margin of failure for the estimates is fairly small.

Well at this point we pretty much know how the weekend is going to turn out. Normally the margin of failure for the estimates is fairly small.

Yea that's true. I remember when Disney said 200.3 million for TA and that number turned out to be 207 million. That was awesome.

• Like 1

100 pages

congrats

Yea that's true. I remember when Disney said 200.3 million for TA and that number turned out to be 207 million. That was awesome.

I was reading TA OW thread yesterday :wub:

too bad I didnt care abt TA at that time at all & didnt visit this forum

must have been so much fun following it that wekend

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 2