Shawn Robbins

Thursday #s (12/5/13)

Friday Update: Sources tell BoxOffice that Frozen will push The Hunger Games: Catching Fire out of first place this weekend.

Disney's latest animated flick is headed for as much as $36 million during its second weekend of wide release, which would put it at nearly $140 million in North America. 

Catching Fire looks poised to make as much as $34 million, and that means the $350 million domestic mark is not far off. 

Out of the Furnace could rope in $7 million during its first weekend of wide release.

More coming soon...

that would be good but seems optimistic. 

That would require some damn impressive Friday increases, but BJ likes.

• Like 2

how big a Friday would CF need to reach that number

That would need like a Friday healthily over 10M

10.5M Friday

14.7M Saturday (+40%)

8.8M Sunday (-41%)

34.0M weekend.

Not happening, that's a 250% Friday increase

Edited by spizzer

that sounds like over 200% jump. Could happen for Frozen but not CF I think

Yeah, 250%.  As I said on the last page, I don't see anything under a 65% drop.  Have it projected for 24M (-67.6%) as of now.

That would need like a Friday healthily over 10M

10.5M Friday

14.7M Saturday (+40%)

8.8M Sunday (-41%)

34.0M weekend.

Not happening, that's a 250% Friday increase

ya nevah know, could happen

Edited by B J
  • Like 1

If CF matches GOF increases, it will gross $31.55 this weekend, if Frozen matches ToyStory2 increases it will gross, $27.71 this weekend. I think the 34 million and 36 million number is way to high, To reach those numbers CF wil have to increase 260% Friday and Frozen over 300% Friday, I would go with an optimistic $31 million for CF and $30 million for Frozen

Edited by commonsense88
  • Like 1

Its a long shot but definitely not outside the realm of possibilities.Besides you can never fully gauge these early December weekends for family films off one day. It might have a 240% increase today but end up going up 120% Sat. They are rarely consistent with other films.I haven't given up on $30 million. Not yet.

I'm assuming a 200% increase on Saturday.  You need $7.5m...like you said...we'll know soon enough.

frozen$7.5m157.5

Its definitely not dropping 50% Sunday. More like 30-35%.I think it'll do- Fri- $7.1 (+280%)Sat- $13.8 (+95%)Sun- $9.1 (-34%) Adds up to exactly $30 million. Edited by Sogno
  • Like 1

http://accursedarachnid.wordpress.com/2013/11/26/box-office-analysis-catching-fire-vs-deathly-hollows-part-1-135/

Posted ImageVSPosted Image

DAY

HP7 GROSS

CHG

CF GROSS

CHG

DIFF

GAP

14 $2.55m -2% $2.94m -3% +0.39m +2.54m
  • Like 2