Noctis

Wednesday #'s: CF 1.9m, Frozen 1.8m

It's already a big win, but if Frozen can surpass 300M, getting into Domestic yearly top 5, that would be such an achievement for Disney Animation.

To me the bigger achievement would be, it becoming first original animated since Nemo to pass 300M. Nearly 11 years, mighty impressive achievement.

• Like 10

To me the bigger achievement would be, it becoming first original animated since Nemo to pass 300M. Nearly 11 years, mighty impressive achievement.

Has it really been that long?  :o I guess Up came close, if it can pass that then it would be the highest grossing original animated movie since Finding Nemo, which would still be a great achievement.

• Like 1

Has it really been that long?  :o I guess Up came close, if it can pass that then it would be the highest grossing original animated movie since Finding Nemo, which would still be a great achievement.

It deserves to! It's a once in a decade kind of movie!

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

Amazing numbers - makes me so happy :) Frozen is like my childhood all over again at the movies

The promotion that its the best Disney movie since Lion King is definitely helping draw people who grew up with Disney Renaissance movies. And while its debatable if it is better than LK, the fact that it stacks up nicely is a big draw, especially for those with families who want their kids to experience the same thing. Looking for more epic holiday holds :D Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 3

So then could Frozen be this decades The Little Mermaid....kicking off another possible string of animated fare like we got in the 90's?!! It all depends on what's in the pipeline of course already. 

Tangled was The Little Mermaid,Frozen is Aladdin...

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

DesolationOfSmaug opening in 3903 thtrs this wknd. That's 142 fewer than last yr's #Hobbit which debuted in 4045.

I'm guessing theaters are in no hurry to relinquish screens for Frozen or CF so easy.

I'm more curious what TDW's screen count drop will be, it's still been hovering just over 3K 5 weeks into release. I predict an 800 or so screen drop most likely. 

• Like 1

So then could Frozen be this decades The Little Mermaid....kicking off another possible string of animated fare like we got in the 90's?!! It all depends on what's in the pipeline of course already.

Their probably alternating being types of animated films. Not all will be fairy tales/musicals. Big Hero 6?definitely isn't. Moana if it goes through, I'd bet would be a musical. Giants and Zootopia maybe
  • Like 1

Their probably alternating being types of animated films. Not all will be fairy tales/musicals. Big Hero 6?definitely isn't. Moana if it goes through, I'd bet would be a musical. Giants and Zootopia maybe

BH6 has soo much going for it now. The promotion writes itself: From the makers of Frozen, comes their very first Marvel superhero epic!

• Like 2

I thought Princess and the Frog was well-received?

Very well received. It was a great movie IMO, it just didnt do as well in the BI, probably because it was traditional animation. :(

Silly question but I don't watch TV so I have not seen any Frozen trailers.  Just pictures.  Is it CGI or traditional animation?

As many of you who have known me for a while might know, animation is not my thing.  But Frozen really hit home with me.  It's the first animated film I've seen in perhaps 20 years that I absolutely loved.  I've liked others such as DM2 and HTTYD but never like this.  Maybe I'm a microcosm of how the general public is reacting to the film.

I haven't seen it yet...but I keep hearing over and over how good it is from friends.   Need to see it soon.

edit:  and animation IS my thing.   :D

Edited by Harpospoke