CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

I don't understand how someone can like Fotr and TT but dislike ROTK. It's all one continuous story isn't it? ..and ROTK is by far the most emotional of the three. The Mimas tirith battle, Shelob, entering mordor. It's all so dramatic....and climactic. I was 12 when ROTK came out and it was probably the best movie experience I've ever had. Totally deserved all 11 oscar wins.

• Like 1

The Godzilla trailer was indeed great and seeing it on the big screen before The Hobbit made it even better.

I hope the movie is as good as the trailer was. ^_^

Crowd reaction Empire....Crowd Reaction Please..Lol ..Damn which I could have seen that on my EPX  showing of Smaug than this laptop..Woohoo!

• Like 1

I watched the first one in IMAX.  Fool me once shame on you, fool me twi...well, you ain't gonna fool me again.  I watched this one on a regular screen.

Well I think they said this one utilized the tech far better...It definitely wowed me .....Makes you wonder what James is going to do with Juggernaut 2..Baum are you with me that Juggernaut 2 will slaughter TA2(The so called gods gift and danger to all films rofl-Watch how I doubt it beats even Titanic lol)

I don't understand how someone can like Fotr and TT but dislike ROTK. It's all one continuous story isn't it? ..and ROTK is by far the most emotional of the three. The Mimas tirith battle, Shelob, entering mordor. It's all so dramatic....and climactic. I was 12 when ROTK came out and it was probably the best movie experience I've ever had. Totally deserved all 11 oscar wins.

I think it's amazing ... but even with all the battle and closure, there's something magical about FOTR.  It's much more simplistic in it's set pieces, but no less thrilling and features some great character moments.

• Like 4

Yes, but that is your opinion.  I agree with you that ROTK is emotional in a few parts.  The "My friends, you bow to no one" scene gets me every time.  But emotion doesn't equate to it being a better film overall imo.  IMHO, FOTR is on a different level than the sequels., hell it's on a different level than most films.

• Like 4

Yes, but that is your opinion.  I agree with you that ROTK is emotional in a few parts.  The "My friends, you bow to no one" scene gets me every time.  But emotion doesn't equate to it being a better film overall imo.  IMHO, FOTR is on a different level than the sequels., hell it's on a different level than most films.

I think TTT brings that level even higher.

• Like 2

Hopefully Godzilla will be the Man of Steel of 2014 that actually lives up to the hype.

Well I loved Man of Steel its in my top 3 top5 SH films. .So I thought it did, missed a few marks but was great and brought Superman back from oh hum BO..:)

Godzilla is looking to truly bring Peter Jacksons KK to its knees as the biggest modern day mega monster attack film

• Like 1

I can see it in the same sense that people say they "loved X movie but didn't like the third act" type way. I've always looked at the film series the same way the books are supposed to be looked at- as one.

And yeah, when I was 10 and saw RotK in theaters it blew me away. The kind of childhood moviegoing experience is something a lot of people wish they had.

Still, what I wouldn't give to relive that experience at my current age.

• Like 1

Crowd reaction Empire....Crowd Reaction Please..Lol ..Damn which I could have seen that on my EPX  showing of Smaug than this laptop..Woohoo!

It is hard to tell since people usually don't get very loud during the trailers at the theater I go to. :thinking:

I did hear some people around me get excited when Godzilla showed up.

• Like 1

Hey lumos.. I thought TTT deserved those oscars. They ripper LOTR2 off and just sort of made up for it by giving ROTK everything.

TTT is far better than ROTK in my opinion.. Though both films are epic and just awe inspiring...HP7 suprised too , especially

the last one. Should have got some oscar nominations in many opinons for best picture.

The folks on the board proably jealous of HP success and like Cameron raped part 7part 2 at the oscars.

I cant believe they screwed Cameron for his wife, when the man and his film crew won nearly every other award at film shows.

This is a frackking grounds for me to almost never watch an oscar again lol

Up 9% from Friday excluding midnight

Hobbit 1

Fri: 31.15

Sat: 23.8 (-23.6%) +9.4% exclude midnight                                 -25.3% (+14.3%)

Sun:17.37 (-27%)                                                                        -28.8%

OW for Smaug (prediction) = 72.3mil

• Like 1

It is hard to tell since people usually don't get very loud during the trailers at the theater I go to. :thinking:

I did hear some people around me get excited when Godzilla showed up.

Nice I hope WB went all out as this can be their transformers mega franchise.. If they do it right. I think WB is also planning on doing Heman on epic scale like lOTR.. That should be huge huge huge as well depending who is involved.

• Like 1