CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

So, Nebraska is pretty great. One of the finest acting ensembles this year, and Will Forte was a surprising standout even among Dern and Squibb. The script is warm and hilarious, and although there are a few pacing issues and side plots that could have used more depth or even omission from the film, I still really liked it, and WOM seemed rather positive from my screening.

Would recommend.

• Like 6

It was already not doing awesome based on midnight and first day grosses. The weather excuse doesn't cut the mustard.

It does to a point, when you look at Frozen, CF and Thor all had much smaller Saturday jumps than last week. 

So, Nebraska is pretty great. One of the finest acting ensembles this year, and Will Forte was a surprising standout even among Dern and Squibb. The script is warm and hilarious, and although there are a few pacing issues and side plots that could have used more depth or even omission from the film, I still really liked it, and WOM seemed rather positive from my screening.

Would recommend.

Omg I can't wait to see this.

Obviously the weather muted it, but the lukewarm response to number 1 was going to hold this under 80 million no matter what.

this is a very poor number....250 million would be impressive at this point.

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  1m 
THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG was king of the box office mountain, hording $73.6M in its domestic debut.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

260mil DOM is still fine, better than BOM's 230mil prediction...

OS 750mil, hopefully.

$260M is still sad for a fan favorite. I was expecting at least $280M, 

and even doing a low $290M range. This is a bit of a letdown. 

It could still reach $1B WW with the warmer receptions overseas

like Germany & France. Scandinavian numbers should be

huge.

• Like 1

Those films have been out for weeks. So no it doesn't.

Sunday hold should tell us a better story. If it holds in the low 20s then we'll know storm had an effect on Saturday but if it drops high 20s to low 30s then storm had only minimal impact. 

Edited by druv10