CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Oh and also time for some classic film theory:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 107M

Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas - 27M

Hours - 17M

We actually looked at the grosses of AUJ and whatever the last Madea movie was before predicting. Everyone except me said a Hobbit increase up to at least 96M. Also, I made a $5 bet with someone that Hours would not be released in more than 1000 theaters. They were insisting anything less than 2000 theaters would be intense disrespect for Paul Walker.... Whatevs, they just paid for a movie for me ^_^

Posted Image

• Like 3

I think (hope) it'll drop less on saturday than AUJ.

If it follows Sherlock Holmes 2 and stays flat on Saturday it will end with 70-71M with the 26M number and 84M with the 31M number. I highly doubt it will stay flat but it better not drop 25% like AUJ. 

If it follows Sherlock Holmes 2 and stays flat on Saturday it will end with 70-71M with the 26M number and 84M with the 31M number. I highly doubt it will stay flat but it better not drop 25% like AUJ. 

But midnights are softer. Go Friday day-> Saturday. AUJ jumped 15%. I think DOS has a chance to jump 15-20%.

• Like 2

It won't stay flat but it better not drop 25% or else it's screwed.

EDIT:

Just noticed i pretty much said what you said. lol

Edited by Elessar

But midnights are softer. Go Friday day-> Saturday. AUJ jumped 15%. I think DOS has a chance to jump 15-20%.

That will give it a 62M opening then with the 26M and 78.4M with the 31M number. Personally I think it should do 28M on Friday and finish with 67M for the weekend.