CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Oh and also time for some classic film theory:

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - 107M

Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas - 27M

Hours - 17M

We actually looked at the grosses of AUJ and whatever the last Madea movie was before predicting. Everyone except me said a Hobbit increase up to at least 96M. Also, I made a $5 bet with someone that Hours would not be released in more than 1000 theaters. They were insisting anything less than 2000 theaters would be intense disrespect for Paul Walker.... Whatevs, they just paid for a movie for me ^_^

• Like 5

Hours - 17M

We actually looked at the grosses of AUJ and whatever the last Madea movie was before predicting. Everyone except me said a Hobbit increase up to at least 96M. Also, I made a $5 bet with someone that Hours would not be released in more than 1000 theaters. They were insisting anything less than 2000 theaters would be intense disrespect for Paul Walker.... Whatevs, they just paid for a movie for me ^_^

Posted Image

.... no words can express my shock at those #s ...  your film class continues to amaze.

Edited by Adam
  • Like 3

Hours - 17M

Just stop talking about this. it's not good for my blood pressure. 

• Like 3

Hours - 17M

:lol:

Your class is so hilarious.

Edited by Empire
  • Like 2

I think they should have continued calling the movies Lord of The Rings instead of the The Hobbit.

It's not true technically and may sound stupid to some, but if the 3 Hobbit movies were called something like,

Lord of the Rings - A Hobbit's Journey

Lord of the Rings - The Hobbit and Smaug

Lord of the Rings - There and back Again

probably would have retained more of the audience that made LOTR 300+ million blockbusters without 3D tickets and inflation.

I'm glad it's almost over. That shit's gonna give me a rage fueled heart attack and it'll say "cause of death: Blank's film classes stupid-ass predictions" on the coroners report.

But it really shouldn't bother me as much as it does

• Like 2

Hours - 17M

Nikki is the instructor?

• Like 1