Lordmandeep

Movie Scene of 2013?

The Gravity re-entry scene. The emotions I was feeling through that scene was unreal. I have never felt those emotions in the movie theater before. The most empathy I've ever felt for something fictional. Powerful scene and #1 for any movie ive ever seen in the theater.

• Like 4

[*]The first party scene - The Great Gatsby

[*]The big argument - Before Midnight

[*]The ending - All Is Lost

[*]The cabin scene - Monsters University

[*]The attempted compressor theft - Nebraska

[*]Niki Lauda's crash - Rush

[*]Patsy being whipped - 12 Years A Slave (The height of brutality in an already brutal film)

[*]Confronting the Network - The World's End

[*]I Will Always Love You - This Is The End

[*]The ending - Stoker

[*]The shooting - The Dirties

[*]The Britney Spears montage - Spring Breakers

[*]The Mandarin reveal - Iron Man 3

[*]Tom Hank's breakdown - Captain Phillips

[*]The disaster strikes - Gravity

[*]The airplane chase - Fast & Furious 6

• Like 2

To be honest I think IM3 would have been far better as the Mandarin as the Villain.

It was easily the twist of the year for big blockbuster films but sort of lame. 

It would have been boring and one dimensional. The Mandarin is Killian, people gotta deal with it. IM3's thematic deals with political manipulation, sham, diversion and dummies/drones on different levels.(Playing with both intra-diegetic protagonists and audience's beliefs)

Stark and his army of Iron Man dummies including Iron Patriot protecting US vs Killian and his army of Extremis soldiers with Mandarin as his front dummy playing the big bad wolf threatening US.

If Kingsley was the real Mandarin, the whole central parallel and symetrical construction between the protagonist and antagonist doesn't make any sense.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 5

Gravity had a couple... the destruction of the ISS and Stone releasing Kowalski

Thor - all about Frigga... the fight, the funeral, Loki's reaction

Perhaps because its still fresh in my mind... 

What made Frozen so great to me was the non-stop emotional roller coaster scenes throughout the film.  I don't get choked up to often in movies but I did several times in Frozen:

The 'do you wanna build a snowman' scene... especially at the end with each of them sitting against the door.

The villain revel...

such a cruel line uttered in a Disney movie by someone that was not a villain

.  Hearing gasps from 700 people at once in a theater is something I've never experienced before.

The final act of true love.  I may be dumb but I didn't see it coming and I didn't know where it was going from there.  I've never heard a theater so quiet for so long.

And of course... the Let it Go scene.  Great lyrics, great music, great visuals, great transformation of the character.  

• Like 1