filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

It most likely won't, but im rooting for it to, that would be a huge slap in the face for Jackson.

Come on now, who cares if Frozen out grosses Hobbit 2 next weekend. It has legitimate shot at breaking some original animated records so let's just enjoy the amazing journey it has taken us and stop worrying about passing Hobbit 2 on it's 4th or 5th weekend. 

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

So what?? So nothing.. Bite me.. Take your TV outside right now and watch a show and see how long you last outside when it's that cold... Hell, just hold it in Mile High Stadium in CO if that's the case...

I would the last entire game.

I have a hard time believing most directors (especially greed hounds like Jackson) aren't a little curious to know how their movie is doing financially and critically, I'm not saying stalk the numbers but at least take notice of them.

Someone might inquire for him (or WB might pass the numbers on to his people), but at the end of the day it's making 900-1000m, the same as all the others, so why would any of them be frustrated, worried, or think they need to rework their plan? Stuff like 3D boosts and foreign market expansion and inflation are only of interest to us.
  • Like 2

Im sure they will too but come on... "Summer stats here" on APRIL 10TH!? That just sounds so wrong, especially when the literal summer is June 21st. Oh, Hollywood...next the first Friday in October will be "the first event of the holiday season". I mean Halloween counts right?...

I think they did it with Fast 5.

Yeah ok.

Literally, April 10th would be only 3 weeks into Spring, so I think its weird for a studio to promote it as "the beginning of summer", but maybe thats just me. It's F&F, people are going to show up regardless. I thought calling F5 the first of the summer was dumb too but atleast its first Sunday was actually in May. It's all just a play of words, but still. Just sayin.

Edited by Jandrew

Hunger Games made $50 more million after its 31st day (which is where Catching Fire is now).

Yes, but 5th weekend of THG was a 67% higher than CF's. That would be 30 million more from now. With Christmas boost? maybe it can reach THG and IM3, but I still have to see it ;)

Yes, but 5th weekend of THG was a 67% higher than CF's. That would be 30 million more from now. With Christmas boost? maybe it can reach THG and IM3, but I still have to see it ;)

CF is performing better than New Moon and Deathly Hallows 1 (same release/holiday schedule)

If it has same daily drops as New Moon it will reach 410.

If it has same daily drops as Deathly Hallows 1 it will reach 427.

Rth... at least you got your priorities straight on what forums to visit but I hope you have some numbers for us.

Tell me Frozen beat the estimates and did 21M.

Andy

:rofl:

Has he been cheating :lol:

I'm thinking something like this for CF's rest of the run:

Dec 23-26: $8M - $380M

Dec 27-29: $8M - $388M

Dec 30-Jan 2: $7M - $395M

Jan 3-Jan 5: $5M - $400M

Should comfortably get another 3x multiplier from there on for 410M finish.

• Like 1

CF is performing better than New Moon and Deathly Hallows 1 (same release/holiday schedule)

If it has same daily drops as New Moon it will reach 410.

If it has same daily drops as Deathly Hallows 1 it will reach 427.

Competition is very fierce during the holidays.