Godzilla

How to Train Your Dragon 2 OS (418 mil OS!!!)

here our number are only in admissions, so i don't have dollars gross. 

Oh and In UK dorsert fire and rescue service is promoting in their own way the movie : 

Posted Image

they also did a guide " how to train your family " to download with the characters to educate people . Here is the site 

http://www.dorsetfire.gov.uk/resources/safe-d-award/how-to-train-your-dragon-2-teachers-education-packs/

oh good news! august 14th for china. Nothing for japan yet? Are they even release it there? 

Maybe. The first earned just a bit over $5m, and more recent DWA films haven't gotten releases. I don't think The Croods did, for instance. Generally American animation doesn't do terribly well in Japan, except for stuff Disney releases... and even there, it's mostly just Pixar that does very well. WDAS (outside of Frozen) is mostly just okay.

how many countries left to open. I am not sure about 400m OS anymore. 

south Korea  ( next week ), Germany, austria, italy, spain  in august , japan ( no date yet )  China.in august

only venezuela opened this week

Edited by pupuceplus

A roller coaster. About a 25M OS week after a 33M weekend. Obviously, that's due to last weekend's number including some massive UK previews.

Anyways, no need to be a weathercock. 400M+ OS is still very likely.

• Like 3

Germany,Austria,South korea next week

Add Switzerland.

BTW it's weird that HTTYD 2 is doing better than HTTYD in most countries but it's OS total looks unimpressive so far.

Germany and Austria should add at least $20M, South Korea at least $20M, Spain + Italy together $20M + $20-25M holdovers + Japan maybe $5M + China maybe $40M.

That's $125M-$130M still to come and those are conservative predictions.

Edited by chimpo
  • Like 1

the sequel will probably beat what the first did in OS total, next week ^^ . If  i remember the first one , did 244 OS,  it will be beaten easily.

More like 280m, but will definitely be handily surpassed.

And by the end it will be funny, because when this has opened in all markets except in Japan, well, it could add a lot if it triumphs there, or add nothing if it flops.