Godzilla

How to Train Your Dragon 2 OS (418 mil OS!!!)

It is actual - my point is that BOM's OS totals are always less than the official for studios that double-count PR. (It's already counted as part of domestic.)That's why the studio announced $600M on Tuesday but BOM didn't consider it to have crossed $600M until now.

This is completely unbelievably ridiculous. Fox can have its own definitions of overseas and domestic and it has the right to include Puerto Rico in both. But I find it scandalous that it considers "worlwide = overseas + domestic" instead of "worlwide = overseas + domestic - Puerto Rico". I mean, who are they fooling?

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why is Puerto Rico considered Domestic?

EDIT: And why is Puerto Rico gross different every week? One week it could be 2.5 milion, next week it's just 1.5 million and another is 2 million.

Edited by chimpo

Let's put this in perspective: HTTYD2 made less than KFP2 and Ice Age 2. It barely surpassed Madagascar 2, while Croods and Tangled are close behind. It was nowhere close to the Shrek sequels or Madagascar 3. Despite years of inflation, 3D and IMAX tickets and a Chinese-appealing theme (dragons), it still performed averagely in WW grosses - or slightly better than average, if you're optimistic. With respect to pre-release expectations, it was a disappointment. Take into account the scarcity of family fare this summer and you basically have a film that narrowly escaped disaster status.

Please don't say that it earned more than HTTYD. It did but Shrek and Madagascar earned about the same amount as HTTYD - a lot earlier than the latter - and their sequels have nevertheless been highly succesful (even Mad 2's gross was quite impressive at the time).

Edited by Quigley

Let's put this in perspective: HTTYD2 made less than KFP2 and Ice Age 2. It barely surpassed Madagascar 2, while Croods and Tangled are close behind. It was nowhere close to the Shrek sequels or Madagascar 3. Despite years of inflation, 3D and IMAX tickets and a Chinese-appealing theme (dragons), it still performed averagely in WW grosses - or slightly better than average, if you're optimistic. With respect to pre-release expectations, it was a disappointment. Take into account the scarcity of family fare this summer and you basically have a film that narrowly escaped disaster status.

Please don't say that it earned more than HTTYD. It did but Shrek and Madagascar earned about the same amount as HTTYD - a lot earlier than the latter - and their sequels have nevertheless been highly succesful (even Mad 2's gross was quite impressive at the time).

You are one sad man.

Anyways, a terribly boring performance. 440M OS is kind of bland, especially considering the open market in which it opened, and its trajectory was an open book just a couple of weeks after its opening. Not a single surprise from what I remember. Not a bad total and not remotely close to a disaster (as stated above), just booooring.

The movie made 615M on a 145M budget. That's a major hit. I don't get why people are upset.

Welll said 3times its productions budget and say 90-100M advertising it still made twice its full budget. A huge hit!!

And always room to improve the Domestic totals for the final story Arc. THIS ISSSSSS AMAZINGGGGG!!!

The final one properly planned should go for the 800-1B all us Hiccup fans want at the BO :)

• Like 1

You are one sad man.

I second that on that hater my friend .. Amen even when you throw in the advertising budget on the production budget of Dragon 2 it still made over double total costs. Thats a blockbuster anyway you look at it :).. And if it wasnt for the competition and bad release date I think hiccup would have made more domestic and especially OS... :)

By the time Dragon 2's HV BO run is over it will have another 200-300+M on its revenue..

So its an 800-900M Winfall... I call that lets breakout a party type numbers!