Godzilla

How to Train Your Dragon 2 OS (418 mil OS!!!)

China's $5M is not missing! 

9. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Fox/DreamWorks Animation, 24 territories, week 9)

Global weekend: $11.6 million (total: $593.7 million)

International: $10.5 million ($420.2 million)

Domestic: $1.1 million ($173.5 million)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/global-box-office-dawn-planet-729337

Edited by SUPER GIRL
  • Like 1

Deadline says:

OK, now I'm really confused. On Monday, BOM updated the OS gross to $413.2M. Now it's $418.5M. (BOM subtracts out the double-counted Puerto Rico total). But if it made $10.5M OS over the weekend, and it was at $413.2M on BOM on Monday, why is the official total as of today, WITH PR double-counting, only at $420.2M?

And the tracking in the China thread shows a USD total of $62.7M, not $57.33M. Also, are they saying it made $6.5M over the 3-day, or the entire week?

Either way, there seems to be at least $5M missing, doesn't there? It just doesn't add up. Is this going to be like the $17M that was "disappeared" from TF4's China gross? What gives?

EDIT: Looking back at the $402.3m cume that was reported at the end of last weekend, I'm now seriously wondering if the $413.2m that BOM had as of 8/25 was actually a typo, and it was supposed to be $403.2m. That makes more sense - a $10.5m weekend plus Tue-Thu grosses would probably add up to $15.3m, and thus to BOM's current de-PR'ed $418.5m.

Still doesn't explain the China cume being over $5m less than our sources, though.

You're not the only one.

I don't get it either. 

It was at 586 WW, China was at 50m. if it earn more 10m in China then it was supposed to be higher than 592. Posted Image

Last Monday, BOM updated the OS total to $413.2M - adding up to a WW of $585m. That was a jump of $13m, and people here noted it.As I said in my last post, I now think that was a typo - not sure if BOM made the typo or if BOM's source did it, but I am now of the belief that someone typed a 1 when they should have typed a 0. That would explain it (though it wouldn't explain why the China total that's being reported is $5m less than the China totals coming from our sources).

Last Monday, BOM updated the OS total to $413.2M - adding up to a WW of $585m. That was a jump of $13m, and people here noted it.As I said in my last post, I now think that was a typo - not sure if BOM made the typo or if BOM's source did it, but I am now of the belief that someone typed a 1 when they should have typed a 0. That would explain it (though it wouldn't explain why the China total that's being reported is $5m less than the China totals coming from our sources).

TServo2049, do not jump too early to conclusions.  You should wait at least until Wednesday as BOM always update with more accurate numbers on Wednesday.  You should know that at this stage, any numbers from studios are just estimated ONLY!  

Edited by SUPER GIRL

Rentrak had it at 402M last week and 420M this week, so it was probably a mistake on BOM.

• Like 1

Rentrak had it at 402M last week and 420M this week, so it was probably a mistake on BOM.

9. How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Fox/DreamWorks Animation, 24 territories, week 9)

Global weekend: $11.6 million (total: $593.7 million)

International: $10.5 million ($420.2 million)

Domestic: $1.1 million ($173.5 million)

http://www.hollywood...n-planet-729337

Does anybody have both admissions AND gross data for both HTTYD1 and HTTYD2 in any particular countries?

Can provide for the moment only parts of the question

Admissions:

France

HtTYD 1 = 2.313.529

HtTYD 2 = 3.275.301 till 31. August

Norway 

HtTYD 1 = ?

HtTYD 2 = 242.375 till 31. August

Italy in Euro

HtTYD according to BOM

37 How to Train Your Dragon UIP $7,505,879 3/26

was then was then #37 with 5.688.506 €

release date 16 August, BOM date accounted for = 1 week back

17 How to Train Your Dragon 2 Fox $6,780,955 8/16

Same date = 5.095.693 €

As of 3rd week in = 31 August = 6.597.162 €

Impossible. Not happening

Only 1/3 right. Passing Madagascar 2 domestically is impossible, but OS it's already happened:Madagascar 2: $423,889,404HTTYD2: $424,882,285And over the rest of its OS run + it's U.S. dollar run, it's going to eke out the $5m it will need to pass Madagascar 2 WW as well. Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Only 1/3 right. Passing Madagascar 2 domestically is impossible, but OS it's already happened:Madagascar 2: $423,889,404HTTYD2: $424,882,285And over the rest of its OS run + it's U.S. dollar run, it's going to eke out the $5m it will need to pass Madagascar 2 WW as well.

For some reason I thought they were talking about Mad 3

I am delighted and ecstasized by the announcement that HTTYD3 has been moved from its initial date of June 17, 2016 - the same date as Finding Dory - to June 9, 2017. Now it is positioned to open one week ahead of an untitled Pixar film, which is a pretty grim fate already. Finding Dory on the other hand will open in a market asking crazily for a decent animated film. From March 17 to June 17, 2016, other animated films that will open are Boss Baby (DreamWorks), Clifford the Red Dog (oh, puh-lease) and Sausage Party (ridicule to the power of ridicule). However, the post-release competition is still pretty tough: Angry Birds, The BFG, Ice Age 5 and other family/adventure films like Tarzan, King Arthur, Marvel Untitled. Although the recession of HTTYD3 is good news, I still think Finding Dory would be better off if released around Memorial Day 2016 (e.g. one week before or after). But currently, I'm just enjoying how Disney won a competition for yet another important release date in 2016 (the other one was the Cap 3/Bat vs Sup fight). Hail Disney!

Edited by Quigley

HTTYD2

China $63,180,000

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&country=CH&id=howtotrainyourdragon2.htm

• Like 1