lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

Me... 5% INCREASE ($5-5.3 million) with a 135% increase on the 26th  :)

Frozen has nostalgic adults and teenage girls (you'd be surprised how many of them LOVE Disney princess movies) on its side. Little kids aren't the only audience for this! 

Walking With Dinos is gonna plummet today! Not the 4-quadrant FAMILY movie. Plus, I'm calling #1 for the rest of the year for Frozen after today 

Frozen has no shot at number one for any day for the rest of the year?  :)

And I like it immensely, but it's just not going to happen.

Frozen has no shot at number one for any day for the rest of the year?   :)

It made $7.2 million on Monday... Wolf is in 2,500 and borderline NC-17 - not exactly Christmas tentpole fare. Anchorman 2 has mediocre word of mouth, while the rest are simply too small to be huge hits. 

Hobbit 2 and Frozen will likely dominate the top two slots AFTER Christmas (Mitty and Wolf will likely do great on opening day) 

I could see the two flip-flopping at #1 for the rest of the year 

It made $7.2 million on Monday... Wolf is in 2,500 and borderline NC-17 - not exactly Christmas tentpole fare. Anchorman 2 has mediocre word of mouth, while the rest are simply too small to be huge hits. 

Hobbit 2 and Frozen will likely dominate the top two slots AFTER Christmas (Mitty and Wolf will likely do great on opening day) 

I could see the two flip-flopping at #1 for the rest of the year 

The problem is there are three movies opening today.  They might seem like they are not going to cut into Frozen but the fact is they do.  It's just more options.  Kid films rarely increase on CD and the fact that Frozen has been doing well in the last few days indicates that a lot of people have already taken their kids to see it.  Unless it completely bucks trends, then it will decrease today.

Frozen has no shot at number one for any day for the rest of the year?   :)

No shot? Frozen so far has been anything but conventional. ;) I seriously doubt it drops 50% today especially when you look at HP:COS(a family film) it jumped 13% on Christmas Day, I'm expecting something similar for Frozen. Tuesday drop was more in line with COS than SC2.  :D

• Like 1

No shot? Frozen so far has been anything but conventional. ;) I seriously doubt it drops 50% today especially when you look at HP:COS(a family film) it jumped 13% on Christmas Day, I'm expecting something similar for Frozen. Tuesday drop was more in line with COS than SC2.  :D

Frozen and Potter are far from being cut from the same cloth.

• Like 1

If Frozen has a 100% increase from last Wednesday, it will do 3.6 mill.  

Book that number, which would be a 33% drop.  

Which would give it shot at winning the weekend. Thursday number should be at 7.5M or more and from there 24-25M weekend. 

Frozen has no shot at number one for any day for the rest of the year? :)And I like it immensely, but it's just not going to happen.

Just look at the Tues numbers. Both DoS and Frozen are neck to neck at 4.7m. I think that's enough not to completely shut out Frozen for any chances at no. 1
  • Like 1