lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

And Universal films execs seem to have gotten coal in their stockings from Santa with what is happening with "47 Ronin". This could give "Lone Ranger" some real competition for the biggest bomb of 2013. I really doubt overseas is going to save this one.

I'm hoping I can see inside Llewyn Davis today, this might be my only chance till January (since I'm out of town to visit family and it's playing here), however they all want to do Christmas things and I'm heading back home tonight.

Okay, the most I'v ever seen a movie in cinemas is 3 times. I don't see how anyone can go see a movie 6 times in just over a month!? This is total fanaticism and obsession!

For some reason if it's a movie I really like I don't tire of it. 6 is a bit unusual, but I'll see 6 or 7 movies a year 3 times. Same goes for books, some books I've re-read 8 or 9 times, though that is over a span of years rather than months.

I suppose for Frozen it's partly that I really like it and that it was a complete surprise rather than something I've been anticipating and partly that none of the openers in the last month has really interested me, except AH which I saw last night.

Okay, the most I'v ever seen a movie in cinemas is 3 times. I don't see how anyone can go see a movie 6 times in just over a month!? This is total fanaticism and obsession!

Welcome to the movie diehards portion of the internet.

Druv has me beat, saw TA 7 times. I see a couple of movies a year at least twice: DH5, IM3, STiD, NYSM, TDW and TW that I recall off hand. I only paid for NYSM once though, the free screener really surprised me and I knew I had to see it again for the nuance of the films story. 

But I maybe the only one here who saw IJ:KoCS 4 times in the theater!! I liked it, deal with it folks. 

Adding in theater plus my Bluray views, I've seen it maybe 5 times haha.

I saw it 3 times on OW plus my brother was out of town during the OW so he paid for 4th and 5th time. TA also had great rewatchability. Some of it's funniest scenes are best in theater. I probably won't do that ever again even for AoU. Only way I would try to beat my record is if we get to see Galactus/SS in TA movie than all bets are off.  :D

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Same here, but dragging along 6 family members too.

6th time for me, but first time for them. Posted ImagePosted Image

Gonna catch up to me.

Not too many movies I can but Frozen is the most re-watchable movie I've been too.

I could never see a movie more than twice at theaters only because its like an hour drive away

That I understand. I should probably move then. When holiday shoppers don't bottle neck the mall I can be at the cinema in less than 10min from my house. The proximity only feeds the, ahem, addiction.  ;)

The first movie I see next year is The Wolf of Wall Street. Way to start the year with a bang, don't you think?

Jealous.

One of these days I'm gonna move to Saint Petersburg, and when I do, I'm gonna get myself a Finland visa and go to Helsinki on weekends to watch movies.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

Jealous.

One of these days I'm gonna move to Saint Petersburg, and when I do, I'm gonna get myself a Finland visa and go to Helsinki on weekends to watch movies.

Oh dear, why? The selection in Saint Petersburg has to be 10 times better than in Helsinki. It's Saint Petersburg.