lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

Why doesn't Mitty have a chance?  Do you have a crystal ball?  Were you up on some mountain talking to some guru with a peak shoved up his ass?  

Tracking is a load of crap and right now if you go by history, Wolf could hit 12 mill if it has the same theater average as Django.

It's not only about tracking but also about competition for family audience. Frozen, DOS and SMB are going to cannibalize it. I actually see Grudge Match making more today and over the 5-day weekend. 

Another poll: What's the movie this year everyone seemed to hate but you liked? The Fifth Estate for me. I thought it was perfectly fine.

Star Trek Into Darkness and Man of Steel for fanboy hated films; in general hated films: I thought Oz and Turbo were worthy movies of my $7 at the theater

It's not only about tracking but also about competition for family audience. Frozen, DOS and SMB are going to cannibalize it. I actually see Grudge Match making more today and over the 5-day weekend. 

Druv, you could be right.  But there is nothing to say that you are right or wrong yet.  Why does everyone thing Mitty is going to be the odd man out?  Right now, you don't know.

Studio Estimates from WB & Disney:

The Desolation of Smaug: $5.25 mFrozen: $4.782 mSaving Mr. Banks: $1.918 m

Not sure how many more will be sent to us today.

So RTH was off substantially on DOS.

Studio Estimates from WB & Disney:

The Desolation of Smaug: $5.25 mFrozen: $4.782 mSaving Mr. Banks: $1.918 m

Not sure how many more will be sent to us today.

Strong holds.

DOS down about 33%, much better than TT.

Frozen (-34%), in line with COS.

SMB had the best hold at around 10.8% drop. 

Wow, thats not like RTH to be off by that much. Probably had more important things to do on Christmas then give the most accurate numbers.

Jar can you provide a link?

Jar Jar is the link.  

Also... since it released today and thus it's the last time most will be able to watch it before seeing the film, here is the best trailer of the year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iszwuX1AK6A

2nd place?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGWO2w0H2V8

Merry Christmas y'all

• Like 1

That's actually pretty good for SMAUG. Remember, on Christmas Eve a lot of the late shows are cancelled, which hurts movies that skew older (and doesn't affect family films as heavily). That probably why FROZEN performed better than most of the rest of the marketplace.

I really think cheap Tuesday played a roll in yesterdays holds.  Theaters were packed here yesterday during the day.