iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

In my Opinion

Masterclass : 

2001 A Space Odyssey 

Citizen Kane

Mulholland Dr.

Good :

Batman Returns

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

Man of Steel

Average:

Halloween 2

Pretty Bad :

Alice in Wonderland

Passion of the Christ

Sucker Punch

Mostly Shit :

Scary Movie 4

Pearl Harbour

Dude Where's my Car?

Shrek the Third

Heavy Metal 2000

The Cat in the Hat

D-War 

The Human Centipede - First Sequence

Twilight New Moon

Green Lantern

A Good Day to Die Hard

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

Complete Shit :

Dumb and Dumberer

That's my Boy

Vampire Suck

I know who Killed Me

A Sound of Thunder

Super Mario Bros

Date Movie

Meet the Spartans

Dragon Ball Evolution

Battlefield Earth

Epic Movie

Catwoman

Batman & Robin

The Last Air Bender

Possibly Maybe I Guess be Considered for worst 36 movies ever made

Disaster Movie

• Like 2

It depends. Sometimes movies that you will see will be based on the recommendations of others. They could turn out to be good or bad. Or, you could end up seeing a movie late at night on TV and it turned out to bad.

You can only vote on the movies that you have seen. That is what each individual brings to the table....their own experience and opinion. When it comes to the best movies of all-time, people don't always seek out the best movies. They seek out the most popular movies or the ones that someone they trust recommends. Yet, they have no problem voting for the best movies of all-time, despite not seeing some great movies. The same thing happens on a worst movies of all-time list.

Let me put it this way. If anyone who put Man of Steel (a movie I enjoyed) or Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (A movie I most certainly did not) on their list then give me 2 weeks with them to play 36 movies and I guarentee they will be BEGGING to quit and watch ROTF or MS by about movie 6. But noooo suckers, we still got 30 more to go!

I could not guarantee that if I chose a couple of movies at random from their best of list, that after 6 movies of my choice that they will be begging to remove their choices from that best-of list. 

Edited by Spottswoode
  • Like 3

This list, frankly, is one of the most ridiculous lists I've ever seen.  MOS, Sucker Punch, 300, are you fucking kidding me?  Dislike them, fine, but worst films ever made?  That's ridiculous.  Has anyone here seen films before the year 2000?  Jaws IV, Superman IV, Night of the Demon, Plan 9 From Outer Space and so on.  Whoever voted on those films to be on the list, shame on you.  

Well, of course it's ridiculous. Apart from most of the members here gaining some cinematic literacy only lately, there's also the unavoidable fact that you must have witnessed the desaster to vote for it. In my case, well, I've been watching thousands of movies since the mid-70s, but if they were really really bad, either I don't remember them (sort of mental hygiene) or don't remember their titles (makes it kind of difficult to vote for them) or - since I grew old enough to skim the reviews - I just plain didn't see them at all because reviews or WOM were that bad.

Having said that, the list gives a nice breakdown of what the members here care about and what not.

• Like 1

Catching Iceroll did a great job but what an awful list. EPIC MOVIE THE WORST MOVIE ON THE LIST BY THOSE DIRECTORS WHEN ITS THE ONLY GREAT [and good] ONE. THE AWFUL SUPERHERO MOVIE DID NOT MAKE THE LIST. New moon is possibly the only bearable one of the Twilight franchise and Shrek 3 is a great film

Here is my list and the ones that made the list [harry hill movie and free birds would both make this list now]

1. A monster in Paris- Just Awful

2. Top cat (2012)- '' ''

3. Fame (2009)-  Terrible remake and horrible film

4. Twilight- 100 minutes of torture and nothing happening

5. Bewitched- Unbearable past the 10 minute mark [i somehow managed to forget Superhero Movie- would place here]

6. The guilt trip- Unberable past the 5 minute mark [The harry hill movie would be placed here-unbearable after 3 minutes]

7. Fred Claus- I love Christmas movies but this is unfunny and an epic fail

8. Asterix: mission Cleopatra- Awful movie that was weird and disasterous

9. Tooth fairy- Disasterous movie with another dreadful turn by The Rock

10. GULLIVERS travels- Boring, unfunny, terrible, awful

11. Happily never after- One of the worst animations I've ever seen with a shit plot

12. Confessions of a teenage drama queen- Awful performance by everyone with an awful script and plot [Free Birds would place here- Pain and torture are the only words to describe this film]

13. Lemony snicket- Boring and tedious for one of my favourite book series. Again, terrible performances

14. Evolution- Boring, boring, boring

15. Machete- Too violent at the minute, nothing happened apart from people being shot

16. Haunted mansion- Awful and so boring, one of the many bad performances by Eddie Murphy

17. Race to witch mountain- The Rock's second entry was a bore and was awful in every aspect

18. Night at the museum 2- This managed to be worse than the first- that's an achievement in itself

19. Alvin 3- One of the worst sequels I have ever seen to two films I love, minus the first 20 minutes, it will be probably knocking on the top 10 door [forgot Disaster Movie- would place here]

20. HSM3- HSM2 was painful enough and this one just repeated the same plotline as the first two with much worse songs

21. Over the hedge- Big budget animation at it's worse, I've rewatched this about 4 times to see if there's something I missed but it gets worse everytime

22. Are we done yet- The first one was a surprise hit for me but this was just unwatchable and stupid

23. Monster house- Not scary and really bad animation

24. Le petit Nicholas- Another bad film I had to watch in class with a terrible plotline

25. Life of pi- One of the most boring films saved a bit by the visuals

26. War horse- See Above minus the visuals

27. Hugo- See two above

28. Night at the museum- An awful boring unfunny film that was another awful performance from Stiller

29. The croods- See Over The Hedge without the rewatching part. Also reyonlds and cage's characters were two of the worst ive ever seen

30. Oliver Twist (2005)- Terrible remake which was just boring

31. Spy kids 2- Awful franchise that I just hate

32. Spy kids- See Above

33. Spy kids 3- See Above

34. Shrek 2- The only bad film in this series, just a major disappointment and terrible film

35. Cars- One of Pixar's only poor films [though Ratatouille is worse looking back on it]

36. Iron man 2- Just really disappointing though not the worst of all time, it is shit an doesn't get going until the last 40 minutes but I really ran out of options then

My New List

1. A Monster In Paris

2. Top Cat

3. Fame

4. Twilight

5. Superhero Movie

6. Bewitched

7. The Harry Hill Movie

8. Tooth Fairy

9. Fred Claus

10. Free Birds

11. Asterix: Mission Cleopatra

12. Happily N'Ever After

13. Gulliver's Travels

14. Race To Witch Mountain

15. Night At The Museum 2

16. Lemony Snicket A Series Of UNfortunate Events

17. Machete

18. Evolution

19. Haunted Mansion

20. Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen

21. Disaster Movie

22. Alvin 3

23. High School Musical 3

24. Over The Hedge

25. Are We Done Yet

26. Monster House

27. Le Petit Nicholas

28. Night At The Museum

29. War Horse

30. The Croods

31. Life Of Pi

32. Oliver Twist
33. Spy Kids 3

34. Spy Kids 2

35-37 Spy Kids/Hugo/Ratatouille

Edited by Frozen2013

And while I think half the movies on that list are bad, I don't see them as being the worst.  And films like Shrek 2, Iron Man 2, Evolution and so on might be bad movies, they are not 36 of the worst ever.  

• Like 2

And while I think half the movies on that list are bad, I don't see them as being the worst.  And films like Shrek 2, Iron Man 2, Evolution and so on might be bad movies, they are not 36 of the worst ever.  

Shrek 2 and Iron Man 2 really aren't the worst films of all time. I really ran out of ideas by then but Evolution is for me

Go find QUEST OF THE DELTA KNIGHTS, starring David Warner of all people. I think it's on Netflix -- it's the first feature film I interned on and I guarantee you that y'all will consider it worse than 90% of the choices people voted for.

I think 90% of everything else is worse than 90% of that list. Most of those movies just do not belong. Ohhh nooo.
  • Like 2

I think 90% of everything else is worse than 90% of that list. Most of those movies just do not belong. Ohhh nooo.

You can always find worse films ... it's really easy doing a really awful one when you got no budet, no actors and no time.

More interesting are the awful ones that actually did get a budget, decent actors and some company push. "King Solomon's Mines" from 1985 comes to mind ... the fact that it didn't make the list is witness to the average age here I guess :ph34r:

• Like 1

You can always find worse films ... it's really easy doing a really awful one when you got no budet, no actors and no time.

More interesting are the awful ones that actually did get a budget, decent actors and some company push. "King Solomon's Mines" from 1985 comes to mind ... the fact that it didn't make the list is witness to the average age here I guess :ph34r:

I didn't mind KSM, it's a blatant Raiders rip off, but not too shabby.