iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

Today, my respect for the opinion of people in this forum fell just a little bit. Of the 36 movies listed, a good 90% of them are not what I would consider should be in the worst 36 films of all time. Also, Citizen Kane and 2001? Seriously, has the forum gone full hipster or something?

Edited by grim22
  • Like 5

Yeah, but why would I waste my time watching some bomb from the 60's? Makes no sense.

Curiosity? :D Or do you ever flip through Netflix looking for the weirdest shit possible? (Although Netflix can't hold a candle to a good video store, too bad...)

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 1

Will people here please stop fucking whining? Look at the thread title. It says BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time. Aka, Box Office's least favourite films, based on what their members have actually watched. Not 'The 36 Worst Films of All Time.' Nobody here, when putting their list together, should've believed they were making a definitive and accurate list of the Worst Films that ever exist. They're merely listing their least favourites, so a consensus can be reached based on the films forumnites have actually watched.

Are there films on here you like and think shouldn't be here or vice-versa? Well boo-fucking-hoo. There are always going to things you disagree with on any list of any type ever made. You're welcome to say you disagree and state why but don't declare the whole list and everyone who voted in it shit.

That being said, next time we do something like this I think it'd be a good idea to have some sort of system in place to catch the films that most people love but a small vocal minority hate, like with 2001 and Citizen Kane.

Also, for the record, I think Sucker Punch and MoS completely deserve their places here. Hell, I prefer Superman IV to the latter. Superman IV was shit, but it was fun goofy shit. MoS was just shit shit.

• Like 1

Today, my respect for the opinion of people in this forum fell just a little bit. Of the 36 movies listed, a good 90% of them are not what I would consider should be in the worst 36 films of all time. Also, Citizen Kane and 2001? Seriously, has the forum gone full hipster or something?

You'd think a forum full of people interested in film would be able to come up with worse films than those. I get that not everyone liked Man of Steel, but seriously?

• Like 1

Will people here please stop fucking whining? Look at the thread title. It says BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time. Aka, Box Office's least favourite films, based on what their members have actually watched. Not 'The 36 Worst Films of All Time.' Nobody here, when putting their list together, should've believed they were making a definitive and accurate list of the Worst Films that ever exist. They're merely listing their least favourites, so a consensus can be reached based on the films forumnites have actually watched.Are there films on here you like and think shouldn't be here or vice-versa? Well boo-fucking-hoo. There are always going to things you disagree with on any list of any type ever made. You're welcome to say you disagree and state why but don't declare the whole list and everyone who voted in it shit.That being said, next time we do something like this I think it'd be a good idea to have some sort of system in place to catch the films that most people love but a small vocal minority hate, like with 2001 and Citizen Kane.Also, for the record, I think Sucker Punch and MoS completely deserve their places here. Hell, I prefer Superman IV to the latter. Superman IV was shit, but it was fun goofy shit. MoS was just shit shit.

While I completely disagree with this list, I am,glad there is no "system" to take out films like Citizen or 2001, because that completly be against what this list is supposed to be. Plus, everyone has a right to say what their worst films is, whether it is 2001 or Date Movie.
  • Like 3

That being said, next time we do something like this I think it'd be a good idea to have some sort of system in place to catch the films that most people love but a small vocal minority hate, like with 2001 and Citizen Kane.

Also, for the record, I think Sucker Punch and MoS completely deserve their places here. Hell, I prefer Superman IV to the latter. Superman IV was shit, but it was fun goofy shit. MoS was just shit shit.

You just showed why it is impossible to have such a system by your second comment. What should we define as a vocal minority? I loved MoS, but me not placing it on my hated movies list would mean that it would get in due to a vocal minority like yourself placing it high on their list.

Basically, you cannot vote for a movie you like and only vote for a movie you hate.

• Like 1

I do miss video stores. I don't really seek out a lot of weird shit on Netflix, I guess I'm just a bit more risk-adverse than most :)

To be honest, I don't really do this much anymore. But back in my college days, when I was really trying to explore movies, I'd see all sorts of stupid stuff.

Or, if you want more comedy value, watch some Mystery Science Theater 3000 and you'll see some amazingly bad shit -- mercilessly mocked.

• Like 1

Whoever voted for True Grit or Fargo for that matter, I do not know this man.

I voted for Fargo. It just did not work for me on any level. Although, in retrospect, it still would have made my list, but I would have ranked it lower. Legally Blonde 2 and the Karate Kid (2010) should have been higher than Fargo.