Fellowship of the Ring VS A New Hope

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Star Wars: A New Hope
    • Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
    • I like them equally
    • I hate them equally
    • I refuse to choose, they are both epic films

Which is better? I say Fellowship of the Ring, because the film I can rewatch a million times. While A New Hope is a classic, it's not a movie I could rewatch every six months.Also, Fellowship has a much better storyline.And characters.And heck, soundtrack.I'm not adding a poll since I am using a phone, sorry!

Edited by Christmas baumer

I was watching A New Hope on ITV2 earlier today, and as much as I love it, for being a very fun flick and purely nostalgic reasons since I'm about 90% sure it was the first movie I ever saw and I had completely worn out our VHS through my childhood... Fellowship is just better.

I'm staying out of this as both are in my top 20 and I see no reason to try to pick apart either movie.  I've seen ANH about 100 times and FOTR about 20.  They are two of the very best films in the history of film.  I refuse to pick a side as I love them both dearly.

• Like 6

All the Lord of the Rings movies are better than any of the original Star Wars movies.

Now that's just not true.  That might be how you feel but it's simply not true imo.  

• Like 1

Funny story:

After seeing DOS, I looked for my EE's of the originals.  I hunted through all my boxes for them and I was sure I'd find them at the bottom of the box.  Then I realized that my ex-wife kept some of my movies.  I didn't realize LOTR was one of them.  That really pisses me off because she hates movies (she didn't at the beginning, but she decided to hate them over the years).  So when I couldn't find those movies, I watched all six SW films instead.  I even watched Empire again today.  

Damn you Anabel.  Damn you for stealing my movies that will basically become coasters or entities in your living room taking up space.  :)

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Funny story:

After seeing DOS, I looked for my EE's of the originals.  I hunted through all my boxes for them and I was sure I'd find them at the bottom of the box.  Then I realized that my ex-wife kept some of my movies.  I didn't realize LOTR was one of them.  That really pisses me off because she hates movies (she didn't at the beginning, but she decided to hate them over the years).  So when I couldn't find those movies, I watched all six SW films instead.  I even watched Empire again today.  

Damn you Anabel.  Damn you for stealing my movies that will basically become coasters or entities in your living room taking up space.   :)

Buddy... can I borrow that story for my screenplay? :lol:

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

Definitely Star Wars.

FOTR is one of the 10 worst films I have ever seen. I fell asleep on it in the movie theater. I wasn't really tired, but it was so boring that I fell asleep. Just a horribly dull movie. And I actually liked both The Two Towers and Return of the King, so I wasn't trying not to like FOTR. It's just bad.

A New Hope is a great film. It is just one of those classic films. I loved Return of the Jedi better, but A New Hope is an all-time classic.

Definitely Star Wars.

FOTR is one of the 10 worst films I have ever seen. I fell asleep on it in the movie theater. I wasn't really tired, but it was so boring that I fell asleep. Just a horribly dull movie. And I actually liked both The Two Towers and Return of the King, so I wasn't trying not to like FOTR. It's just bad.

A New Hope is a great film. It is just one of those classic films. I loved Return of the Jedi better, but A New Hope is an all-time classic.

Posted Image

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 3

Now that's just not true.  That might be how you feel but it's simply not true imo.  

I actually watched the original trilogy a few months ago for the first time in like 10 years give or take, and I don't think its that hard of a decision despite loving them both.  Star Wars undoubtedly has had a bigger impact on pop culture, nothing beats it there, but that doesn't mean they are better made movies.

Sitting out this one. No good can come of this. At least the Nolan vs. Marvel threads have humor potential. This will only bring anger and tears.

That might've been the idea.  LotR and Star Wars OT are so far and beyond anything Nolan and Marvel has done its not even funny.