Fellowship of the Ring VS A New Hope

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Star Wars: A New Hope
    • Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
    • I like them equally
    • I hate them equally
    • I refuse to choose, they are both epic films

Both are in my top 10 ever. Both should have won Oscar for best picture by far (over Annie Hall and A beautiful mind, respectively). Both are magical movies, pure adventure. Both are masterpieces. But if I have to choose, I pick Fellowship of the Ring. I will never get tired of it.

• Like 1

I have thought about it and I'm choosing A New Hope. I think if I had watched them both at the same age I would choose Fellowship of the Ring....but ANH simply influenced my childhood to such a degree that it is impossible to ignore. FOTR is an amazing achievement in cinema history, but it came at a time when my imagination would no longer run rife with such things.

• Like 4

Both are great, but I find A New Hope to be light years better than FOTR.

Nothing against FOTR, but I just love....love....love A New Hope that much! It is the start of my favorite movie series of all-time!

Edited by Empire
  • Like 2

Since LOTR flicks are a cure to insomnia for me (especially FOTR) and ANH made me fall in love with SW universe (Until TPM squandered our love story). It's A New Hope all the way.

(At least, ANH doesn't rub that sheen of pompous pretentiousness like it's adapting the Bible, Torah and Quran united like it's the best fantasy story ever written by God Tolkien). :stirthepot:

Edited by dashrendar44