LexJoker

Wednesday #s (1/1) | FRZ 8.72,DOS 7.8,WOWS 5.671,AM2 4.874,SMB 4.178 (Official estimates)

• Founder / Operator

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-20-profitable-films-668279

Box Office: The 20 Most Profitable Films of 2013

Thanks for posting. Not sure they're doing much more than listing the top grossers of the year though, are they? (On my phone, didn't read the whole article yet.)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

I remember going on opening day with a group of friends and we got there an hour early and still got stuck in the pit of our theater.  I then went again with more friends the next day on Saturday, got there an hour and a half early and the same thing happened (and this was with a smaller group).

The saturday viewing wasn't as pleasant as the Friday though because I got stuck on a row which was occupied by a very large family and a couple of babies and restless children.  It smelled and the babies cried.

Those were the only two times I ever remember getting stuck in the pit.  

EDIT:  Wait, I did when I went to see the Lion King as well, but that's because I arrived way to late for a new movie that had just opened that day.

EDIT AGAIN:  Crap, that also brought the memory that I did get stuck in the pit on one of my Avatar viewings as well, but I didn't remember that much because I for some reason went to see Avatar 7 times in the theater...

I can't even watch Avatar anymore because I have seen it to much.

LOL That is hilarious. I haven't even seen it once all the way through.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting. Not sure they're doing much more than listing the top grossers of the year though, are they? (On my phone, didn't read the whole article yet.)

Pretty much. Top grossers but do highlight the successes of The Conjuring, Now You See Me and other non franchise films.

• Like 1

LOL That is hilarious. I haven't even seen it once all the way through.

It's kind of sad that a film I find highly overrated now is one that I have one of the most viewings of. (The majority of those were in the theater because I was one of those people going, "OMG THE 3D, IT'S SO REAL!!!!11!  BEST MOVIE EVER1!!!!" Once my head got cleared I realized it was good and visually absolutely fantastic, but nowhere near what I had hyped it to be.

That kind of shows, you really only need your movie to have an illusion of quality to break out with strong WoM.

Wolf Verdict:Very good, but way way too long.Also, Jennifer Lawrence should take notes from this movie about how to do a Brooklyn/Long Island accent.

How to do an accent and also how to keep it throughout a film.

JLaw's kept coming and going...just an incredibly sloppy performance.

• Like 1

Yea, it's not much of an article, or the title is misleading.  

It's kind of sad that a film I find highly overrated now is one that I have one of the most viewings of. (The majority of those were in the theater because I was one of those people going, "OMG THE 3D, IT'S SO REAL!!!!11!  BEST MOVIE EVER1!!!!" Once my head got cleared I realized it was good and visually absolutely fantastic, but nowhere near what I had hyped it to be.

That kind of shows, you really only need your movie to have an illusion of quality to break out with strong WoM.

Well I had went to see SH on Christmas day and never got around to seeing Avatar in the theaters. I tried to watch it home and I wasn't feeling it.  I probably would have liked it if I had seen it in 3D. I'm glad I did get the chance to Gravity at the theaters. That was a great 3D experience.

• Like 1

Well I had went to see SH on Christmas day and never got around to seeing Avatar in the theaters. I tried to watch it home and I wasn't feeling it.  I probably would have liked it if I had seen it in 3D. I'm glad I did get the chance to Gravity at the theaters. That was a great 3D experience.

Gravity was a much better movie than Avatar, I wish it had been the one to bust the record books, it was much more impressive in my opinion.

• Like 4

Two different predictions for PA:TMO -

Variety says $15M and LA Times says $25-30M.

I think it's a good guess that it's going to play well in LA. And it just so happens that LA is one of the places in the country that isn't getting dumped on by the snow. That bodes well for PA:TMO winning the weekend.

Two different predictions for PA:TMO -

Variety says $15M and LA Times says $25-30M.

I think it's a good guess that it's going to play well in LA. And it just so happens that LA is one of the places in the country that isn't getting dumped on by the snow. That bodes well for PA:TMO winning the weekend.

Winning the weekend should be about 17 mill and I think it can do that.