LexJoker

Wednesday #s (1/1) | FRZ 8.72,DOS 7.8,WOWS 5.671,AM2 4.874,SMB 4.178 (Official estimates)

WDAS has had a good few years with Tangled, Wreck it Ralph and now Frozen but it doesn't mean Pixar are in trouble, their success rate is excellent and TBH most animation studios have flops and so if Pixar did have in the next few years, it's not the end of the world, its only a problem if its one after the other.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

WDAS has had a good few years with Tangled, Wreck it Ralph and now Frozen but it doesn't mean Pixar are in trouble, their success rate is excellent and TBH most animation studios have flops and so if Pixar did have in the next few years, it's not the end of the world, its only a problem if its one after the other.

Exactly. 

Besides Brave made more in the U.S. than Wreck-It-Ralph.

Exactly. 

Besides Brave made more in the U.S. than Wreck-It-Ralph.

Sad, because Wreck-It Ralph was the better movie and honestly if they had flip flopped release dates I think Wreck-It Ralph would have made more than Brave.

• Like 3

On that note, I'm going to bed. By the looks of things, I'm pretty much going to get fucked all day tomorrow at work. I hate when people call out.

Do you work for Stratton Oakmont?

Sad, because Wreck-It Ralph was the better movie and honestly if they had flip flopped release dates I think Wreck-It Ralph would have made more than Brave.

Not necessarily.

Also I liked both equally (Ralph a little more though).

Also, WDAS is managed by John Lasetter(Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Cars, Cars 2,  A Bug's Life) and Ed Catmull(formerly at Pixar. Now president of Pixar and WDAS)1. So obviously Pixar has had a big role to play in WDAS's 2D to 3D transition. That's why the giant buyover. I don't think they are going head to head. More like side-by-side looking at former Pixar folks managing WDAS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Disney_Animation_Studios

Edited by a2knet

Also, WDAS is managed by John Lasetter(Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Cars, Cars 2,  A Bug's Life) and Ed Catmull(formerly at Pixar. Now president of Pixar and WDAS)1. So obviously Pixar has had a big role to play in WDAS's 2D to 3D transition. That's why the giant buyover. I don't think they are going head to head. More like side-by-side looking at former Pixar folks managing WDAS.

Doesn't Disney own Pixar anyway? 

Lots of snow tonight in the midwest and east. Blizzard warning? yikes

Hah. I was at a comedy show tonight in NYC and they were commending us for coming out in the "crazy snow storm" to watch their show. There was not even 2 inches after a few hours. Oh non-Canadians and their stress over a small amount snow.

Didn't WDAS start doing 3D films before Pixar? I thought Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons had a limited 3D showing, and I know Bolt did. But Pixar didn't have one until Up.