druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

I try to refuse to like Tele posts. He's had far to many.But to be honest it's sometimes a real struggle to resist the urge to like.

If you give into the urge just let us know and someone can take one away from him.

• Like 1

I really don't understand why people were so letdown by MOS given you know exactly what you're getting with a Snyder film if you've ever seen one. And it wasn't like that was the first time the trailers made one of his movies look way better than it was either.

Some of us have managed to avoid Snyder films. Fortunately before MoS I'd only seen Watchmen and luckily I was pretty drunk at the time.
  • Like 2

I don't really get the hatred for MOS (or, frankly, STID or even IM3). They were there, they were okay-ish, they didn't really have much oomph once you take away all the sizzle and flash, and honestly there are far better and more interesting movies to talk about (especially now). None of them were terrible, none were great. They're all in the B-/C+ range and just not worth bitching about.

• Like 3

I really don't understand why people were so letdown by MOS given you know exactly what you're getting with a Snyder film if you've ever seen one. And it wasn't like that was the first time the trailers made one of his movies look way better than it was either.

I actually really liked Watchmen, which probably only worked because he had the tight graphic novel to work from. 300 too, to a lesser extent. In a more freeform environment he's pretty much unbearable. 

• Like 1

I actually really liked Watchmen, which probably only worked because he had the tight graphic novel to work from. 300 too, to a lesser extent. In a more freeform environment he's pretty much unbearable. 

Watchmen is leagues above Man of Steel. It actually has something to say and the visuals are genuinely inspiring. Man of Steel is an over-color-corrected mis-mash of hollow emotional throughlines that are somehow truncated throughout a 2 hour and 20 minute running time. A 2:20 film that skimps on character development is quite an achievement. 

• Like 2