druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

Saw American Hustle. The performances are great but oh my god, why is it so boring? Tedious, flabby, lifeless and completely inconsequential. Wolf Of Wall Street wipes its ass with this movie, and I'd be genuinely upset if it actually won Best Picture.

+1American Hustle needed some cocaine up its ass to liven up and really get going.
  • Like 3

The most frustrating thing about AH is that it has all the elements to being a great movie, but it lacks any kind of humanity, zing or sense of urgency. As I said, the performances are terrific. Nothing to complain about there. I put the blame on Russell. 

• Like 1

Saw American Hustle. The performances are great but oh my god, why is it so boring? Tedious, flabby, lifeless and completely inconsequential. Wolf Of Wall Street wipes its ass with this movie, and I'd be genuinely upset if it actually won Best Picture.

Nothing was worse than when Crash won best picture.Well except when Shakespeare In Love beat Saving Private Ryan and when TDK got snubbed.
  • Like 1

I agree, American hustle is technically great on anyway from all of performances, the direction, script, yet it just felt a little artificial is a way. I really liked it but I guess I could say it tried to be to much and inflated itself a bit, maybe to over the top with to much going on. I'm not complaining though, I really liked it. I think my biggest problem was it just seemed as of it played it safe.That said, I found Wolf to be a much better movie, it was more entertaining, more ambitious, and much deeper in purpose. Wolf is being vastly underrated the more I think about it (I can't believe it only has a 74%, I understand the average rating is extremely high for a 74%, it's percentage is lower than the hobbit yet it's average score is over 1 point higher and nearly 2 from top critics, which is a vast difference), mostly because there are to many people offended by the content in the movie without understanding Scorsese's purpose of using it. In 10 years I think Wolf will be like what movies like Pulp Fiction and Goodfellas are today.What I'm kind of disappointed about though is that almost half of the big Best Picture contenders this year could have hands down won last year or 2011. If either Gravity, 12 Years a Slave, Wolf, Her, or Inside Llewyn Davis had come out last year it probably would have won, this year is way to stacked. (Reminds me of 1994 and 1997)

• Like 3

I'll either watch that later tonight or tomorrow. I still can't believe Jared Leto is actually good at something though. Hmm.

Hope you like it. Actually, I'mma pull a baumer and say that I honestly don't understand why anyone would not like it. 

Latino PA? Kinda racist if you ask me.

Anyways, I'm gonna see this shit tonight. I heard the main characters are hispanic.

:lol:

I was just thinking it's kinda great that they went ahead and did a Latino-centric film because that's been a core demo for them all along. At this point the lower grosses are more likely due to audience fatigue than anything.

It's definitely a little better than I expected, and the movie will be profitable. But... why the industry is blaming the weather when most other movies are doing just fine is suspect, IMHO.

Cause Hispanic people don't own cars, duh!

(Kidding. But that logic probably would not surprise me)

• Like 1