druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

I am actually happy about the DoS number.

It has done well to fight sequelitis and maintain/reduce the gap after OW with AUJ. (weekend gaps : -13% on OW, -14.5%, -9% and now probably 0%)

Might have lost 100k-200k because of the weather too.

It's too little too late but TABA will benefit from better reception of DoS.

• Founder / Operator

The most frustrating thing about AH is that it has all the elements to being a great movie, but it lacks any kind of humanity, zing or sense of urgency. As I said, the performances are terrific. Nothing to complain about there. I put the blame on Russell. 

I'm a fan of Russell's, but I do sympathize with that. It almost felt he wanted to make his Ocean's Eleven, but at the same time, didn't want to get rid of the usual awards-worthy elements.

As far as Wolf goes, I look at it more like a dramedy. Scorsese's movies can almost never be put into one single category. Probably one reason so many people love his work.

So I feel like Bruce Wayne at the moment. I believe this lady just made my back 10x worse.I love paying $80 for a "full 1 hour body massage" and they take 55 minutes on the back and as the buzzer rings they ask if you want more time for the legs for $30.Fucking bullshit.

• Founder / Operator

Can someone explain why PA would release this now? Timing seems bizarre, not a horrible # all things considered.

From what I've heard, Paramount originally wanted it for last October but couldn't get it out in time.

That, and maybe more importantly, they saw what The Devil Inside did on this same weekend two years ago and hoped to do the same with their built-in audience for the franchise.

Oops.

From what I've heard, Paramount originally wanted it for last October but couldn't get it out in time.

That, and maybe more importantly, they saw what The Devil Inside did on this same weekend two years ago and hoped to do the same with their built-in audience for the franchise.

Oops.

Shit happens, right? :P

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

Oh and Disney really is taking over the media world, wow for how crazy Frozen is doing.

No kidding! Kinda ironic/timely that Saving Mr. Banks--a movie that never shies away from the perception of Disney's monopolization of the industry--is quietly having a solid run at the same time Frozen is setting new marks for animation at the box office, not to mention their success with Marvel, Pixar, and (soon) Lucasfilm.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3