druv10

WKND BO: Frozen $20.7M/$297.8M, Paranormal 18.2, Hobbit 16.3/229.6, Wolf 13.4 (new Sun #s pg 83)

From what I've heard, Paramount originally wanted it for last October but couldn't get it out in time.That, and maybe more importantly, they saw what The Devil Inside did on this same weekend two years ago and hoped to do the same with their built-in audience for the franchise.Oops.

So much saturation in the marketplace right now dude. Even as an attempt at counter programming this will be out of theaters in three weeks from what we know about the severity of horror drops/post holidays. Big oops.
  • Like 1

No kidding! Kinda ironic/timely that Saving Mr. Banks--a movie that never shies away from the perception of Disney's monopolization of the industry--is quietly having a solid run at the same time Frozen is setting new marks for animation at the box office, not to mention their success with Marvel, Pixar, and (soon) Lucasfilm.

They'll make another multi-billion dollar purchase in 2015 going by their pattern (2006, 2009, 2012)

• Like 1

What is left at this point? You could argue easily Iger acquired the three most important companies/franchises in the film business already.

Hasbro  :ph34r:

Posted Image

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 4

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy,There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti.That's all I got.

He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to drop bombs but he keeps on forgetting what he wrote down.The whole crowd goes so loud, he opens his mouth but the words won't come out. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

They'll make another multi-billion dollar purchase in 2015 going by their pattern (2006, 2009, 2012)

Well, we've already seen one director crossover between Star Wars and Star Trek. At this point, nothing will shock me. Disney should just buy out DC Comics from WB.

• Like 4

Well, we've already seen one director crossover between Star Wars and Star Trek. At this point, nothing will shock me. Disney should just buy out DC Comics from WB.

WB will never do that, they make enough money from Batman as it is.

Which is a shame, cause they really don't care about DC comics as a whole.

Edited by Fancyarcher

DC and Nintendo are probably the only brand warchests left