Jack Nevada

BAFTA 2014

Uh....no. Matt Damon is not a supporting role. He's totally a co-lead with Douglass.

Same deal with Daniel Bruhl and Julia Roberts. Though everyone's just kind of weirdly accepted those. (and the BAFTAs are usually pretty good at correcting category frauds, they nominated Hailee Steinfeld and Berenice Bejo in lead in previous years after all)

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

These awards used to have a real British identity but over the last few years they've become just another Oscar precursor with the occasional unique pick. Shame, really. Even the Best British Film nominees aren't British any more.

Ya. They changed their nomination voting procedure last year. 

I predict the best actress category will go 5/5 with the oscars. One or two different nominees in every other category though. Trying to decide if Christian Bale or Leo gets nominated in actor. Bruce Dern, McConuaghey, Hanks and Ejiofor are gonna be nominated and then it's between those two. Leo's been getting better reviews but Bale is in the film that all the awards so far have had a major hard-on for. hmm.

I approve more of the BAFTA nominations than any other guild pre-cursor, sure there are some snubs I think they gave, but their nominations were well chosen imo.

Plus, I am really happy Leo got a best actor nom, that hopefully heightens his chances in knocking out Redford or Hanks (I can't see Dern getting knocked out) for a best actor slot, im also really happy Amy Adams knocked out Streep.

I was hoping Oprah would get the snub, because if she did it'd increase the chances of her not getting the nom.

no Robert! Posted Image love you Leo but if its at the expense of Robert then no please!

but no Streep either  :wub: its a +

& Rush

& Adams! & a couple of noms for Dos 

No Dallas & Her - BS! :angry:

Edited by Tauriel