grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

It should reach 8 m something then

Yeah, AUJ had a 2.349m fri and a 9.168m weekend, multiplier of 3.9

That would give DoS 7.8m. So 7.5-8.5m sounds reasonable(46-52% drop).

Edited by a2knet

August: Osage County was a piece of shit choked full of campy performances posing as "deep." Proof Streep is not immune to giving a bad performance. But I'm not surprised it made more than Her. That concept was too out there and the public is still creeped out by Phoenix since the infamous Letterman appearance.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

I'm pissed at Nikki for getting August Osage County wrong yesterday. Still a solid start. Went to see the film last night, an acting master class. Terrific performances. Between Bullock, Blanchett, Roberts and Streep so far the females have really knocked it out of the park this year. All worthy winners.And I've still to see 12 Years A Slave. Amy Adams loses 100 points for that accent in American Hustle, cringe.

• Like 1

Woah. Pamela McClintock ‏@PamelaDayM 26m 'Lone Survivor' earns a coveted A+ CinemaScore. First hit of 2014?

Since I always rail about how pointless Cinemascore is when a movie I like gets a low score, it would be hypocritical for me to claim this means anything at all.So I'll just say again: Cinemascore sucks and should be ignored for any large-scale extrapolation. :)
  • Like 1

I'm pissed at Nikki for getting August Osage County wrong yesterday. Still a solid start.Went to see the film last night, an acting master class. Terrific performances.Between Bullock, Blanchett, Roberts and Streep so far the females have really knocked it out of the park this year. All worthy winners.And I've still to see 12 Years A Slave.Amy Adams loses 100 points for that accent in American Hustle, cringe.

The accent is supposed to be bad lol. She's playing a con who's faking an accent to trick people. 

• Like 1