grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

Most people I know still think Joaquin is a fucking weirdo. Like, someone told me they think he tried to have a rap career, fucked it up and came back to acting on his hands and knees and is just using that documentary as an excuse for his failure. wtf? :unsure:

Maybe Joaquin Phoenix is a bit of a turn-off to moviegoers.

Either that or audiences just would not buy the premise of someone falling in love with a computer.

I don't get why Joaquin has that mustache in this? It makes him look exactly like the sort of creepy dork you'd picture falling in love with a computer. It would be more interesting and unexpected if the guy were movie star handsome.

Also it's a Spike Jonze movie, he doesn't have the most mainstream sensibilities, that's fine, but a studio should adjust the release pattern accordingly. Her, as is, seems like something that should have been rolled out more slowly, to limit costs and build positive WOM, so more "regular" people could be convinced it was okay.

I think the "man falls in love with his computer" premise on its own, would have been extremely mainstream as an outright horror movie or comedy and someone else directing/writing it, obviously. Sandler falling for his operating system? He'd probably get another $100m hit out of it.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 2

I'm pretty annoyed, I have an AMC gift card to share with my brother today and would love to see Her, Lone Survivor, Llewyn Davis, Nebraska, hell even Frozen but he insists on Wolf. I can't blame him but I've already seen it and that's another 3 hours in the theater when I could be seeing something new. Bleh

Most people I know still think Joaquin is a fucking weirdo. Like, someone told me they think he tried to have a rap career, fucked it up and came back to acting on his hands and knees and is just using that documentary as an excuse for his failure. wtf? :unsure:

Well, if someone saw that "documentary" on HBO (or Letterman appearance) and isn't 100% tuned into the entertainment industry, I can see why they would think he was a lunatic.

is that what HER is about ? all i know is its on most people list of oscar hopefuls and joaquin phoenix is in it 

i don't need to know anymore i'll watch most anything he's in , except for that docu about him being a rapper (just glad he snapped out of it)

i'll watch it tonight then , getting ready to leave to go see WOLF OF WALL STREET!!! 2pm showing ...

go DoS grab some more gold this weekend for your stash!

is that what HER is about ? all i know is its on most people list of oscar hopefuls and joaquin phoenix is in it i don't need to know anymore i'll watch most anything he's in , except for that docu about him being a rapper (just glad he snapped out of it)i'll watch it tonight then , getting ready to leave to go see WOLF OF WALL STREET!!! 2pm showing ...go DoS grab some more gold this weekend for your stash!

Exhibit A. :rofl:

is that what HER is about ? all i know is its on most people list of oscar hopefuls and joaquin phoenix is in it 

i don't need to know anymore i'll watch most anything he's in , except for that docu about him being a rapper (just glad he snapped out of it)

i'll watch it tonight then , getting ready to leave to go see WOLF OF WALL STREET!!! 2pm showing ...

go DoS grab some more gold this weekend for your stash!

A loser with a talking box.