Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Emma Thompson, Robert Redford AND Daniel Bruhl? I blame you for this.

I blame myself for it too!

should have been a fan of AH  :D

Slowly realizing what was snubbed in secondary cats.

Ebert's Score and Song!

Desolation of Smaug's Art Direction!

Very interesting to see 12YAS out of the race for Cinematography!

Rush editing!

these 4  - shame

all 3 LOTR & AUJ got prod design! 

all the work that was put in Beorn's house, Thranduil's halls, not to mention freaking Laketown!

Do these pp have eyes?

& in All is Lost case - ears...

Not even talking abt Rush again

This film didnt exist for those ppl at all

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 3

Alexander Payne and David O. Russell both get their third Best director nomination in a row.

The last person to do that was... Stephen Daldry.

Well on the bright side, their next films will all be disasters of epic proportions (but get nommed anyways :(

I still can't believe Extremely Long and Incredibly Condescending got in. Ugh. Puke. God that was awful. 

• Like 1

Well on the bright side, their next films will all be disasters of epic proportions (but get nommed anyways :(

I still can't believe Extremely Long and Incredibly Condescending got in. Ugh. Puke. God that was awful. 

I can't believe people even watched it. Just the trailer made me want to suicide myself.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the gentlemen's club would like to honor... the same people they always honor. Join us on March 2nd forzzz (although the Her score is a nice surprise)" 

That stupid statement is from thefilmexperience.net regarding the Score nominations. It really shows how lost some critics are when it's time to talk about Scores. 

This lineup has two new composers. Every year we see new composers getting nommed. Newman and Williams? What's the problem? They wrote some of the best scores this year!

I like Barkhad in the movie and all, I think he's great. But it just looks weird that he got in and Hanks didn't. like imagine if Jonah Hill had been nominated but they left out Leo. Or if Sally Hawkins got in but they snubbed Blanchett or whatever.

• Like 1

Wolf did get a screenplay nod.

I really like the film, but on reflection I don't think the Wolf screenplay was anything special. Ok, it told the 3 hour story coherently enough, but that's more of an editing win.

But hey, it's a good film so I can hardly complain. If the massively improvised Hustle can get a screenplay nod then why not?