Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

She is not Kristen Stewart considering the raves and I mean rave reviews particularly about her in Catching Fire as YA movie whereas Kristen was bland in Twilight based the reviews by critics, even if it made so much money.  Even recently Kristen Stewart admitted she is scared in the new upcoming movie based on 1984 by George Orwell.  Ironically, Jennifer Lawrence was approached first but turned it down because she didn't feel she should be in the movie.  Jennifer has shown versatility whether its action or dark movie.  Winter's Bone, Silver Linings Playbook, Poker House which when she was 16 had to be acted as a raped victim by a pimp, Like Crazy, Burning Plains, Hunger Games, etc.

The difference now is she's getting nominations for films and performances that aren't really worthy imo and apparently in many other's opinions.  Did you see AH?  She was not very good in it and at the very least, she is not Oscar worthy.  IMO, I could name off 10 other supporting performances that were better than hers this year.

• Like 1

Ugh.... Hustle ew. and Nebraska double ew..... Why did it have to come back? Ugh. 

On the other hand Philomena's really great. It's my favourite of the year that actually had some sort of legitimate shot at Oscar love. 

You know, I never even hated Movieman at his worst as much as I fucking loathe The Futurist. I hate him with every atom of my being. The Futurist is the equivalent of a painful zit inside my asshole.

Lol. Don't we all? 

Ugh.... Hustle ew. and Nebraska double ew..... Why did it have to come back? Ugh. 

On the other hand Philomena's really great. It's my favourite of the year that actually had some sort of legitimate shot at Oscar love. 

Lol. Don't we all? 

:wub:

• Like 1

Amy Adams wining over Blanchitto would be so sweet but unlikely ...

For some reason I see her winning.  The Oscars seem to be in love with Hustle this year.

The difference now is she's getting nominations for films and performances that aren't really worthy imo and apparently in many other's opinions.  Did you see AH?  She was not very good in it and at the very least, she is not Oscar worthy.  IMO, I could name off 10 other supporting performances that were better than hers this year.

But that is your opinion. Other people have other opinions. And there is also many people that loved her in the movie and thought she was the best thing.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

For some reason I see her winning.  The Oscars seem to be in love with Hustle this year.

Blanchett has this one in the bag. The most secure Oscar of them all.

Edited by CJohn

In your opinion, and yes I have seen her performance and it was good.  And I could claim in many other's opinions.  Otherwise she wouldn't be winning so many awards this year.  She could just have been forgotten if she wasn't so good.