Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

Doing something for charity gives the impression of being a nice guy, it doesn't make you a nice guy. he's still an asshole from what ive seen.

Well, doing something for charity doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it for attention and false impressions either.

You either accept it or you don't. The non-cynic in me would like to believe that it's not all about false impressions.

Edited by MrPink

Things I liked the most

Gravity had great support

Sound and tech categories not necessary going with BP contenders.

Sally Hawkins!

Not Zimmer!

Anything shocking in BD race!

Coens out of the race! Even screenplay!

Things I disliked the most

Redford and Hanks out of the race!

Payne in BD race! I really don't get the love for his films.

The croods over MU? Really?

Jackass nomination...

SMB and Emma Thompson lack of love.

Both Roberts and Streep in the race...

Pacific Rim out of Special Effects.

Jonah Hill, two time nominated? Embarrassing data once you think Redford only have gotten one for his acting achievements

Even more embarrassing once you think of Bruhl, Gandolfini or Gylenhall's perfs...

• Like 1

Well, I wouldn't fight a guy who secretly beats up thugs at night, but...

Bale is an enigma. For as much as we hear about him being an asshole of sorts, he's also done many many charitable acts and great things that make Bale a tough shell to crack. Maybe he has a nasty temper, but ultimately is a nice person. Maybe he's calmed down since then (2008 was not a happy year for him...), maybe we just don't have the full context of what happened. Yeah, he chewed out a guy on set, but at least he didn't near beat a guy to death like Mark Wahlberg.

BTW Marky Mark was 16 when he beat someone to near death. Bale is an asshole now.

AH is like this big glittering jewel that looks gorgeous and impressive initially, but then you look closer and you realize the metal isn't gold, but gold-plated (and it's chipped in a few places), and the big-ass chunk of diamond is actually cubic zirconium.

Another analogy:

AH is like the chick you pick up from a bar one night when you are so drunk, you can hardly say your own name.  She's slim, looks hot, big breasts and the thought of her doing things to you makes you go home with her.  Then you wake up in the morning and she's got yellow teeth, fake breasts and without makeup she looks like a plastic surgeon used her for practice.  

• Like 4

I just want AH to win best picture just to piss off the high brow elite cinephiles around here whose condescendence is a bit tiring I must say.

Highbrow elite? Me? Seriously? My favourite movie of the year involved giant robots punching aliens!

• Like 6